Country Inn and Suites-sleep +cruise-FYI

ritak

Many people have been wondering about sleep and cruise packages. We, too, needed one night's lodging after driving to NJ. I just now booked a room at the Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth NJ for our summer cruise out of Bayonne and even though I have not yet stayed there, I can tell you what I know so far. The package is $195 plus a 20% tax, includes 2 roundtrip vouchers to the port and back, continental breakfast (I think maybe a buffet), 8 days of parking. We are a family of four and will be able to buy 2 additional vouchers at the desk. Also, our cruise is nine days and they provide additional parking at $15 a day. Checkin is at 3 pm. The phone number is 908-282-0020.

I looked into several hotels and have determined that staying elsewhere , driving to the pier and paying $144 parking (or taking taxis both ways from the hotel and paying hotel parking ) will ultimately be about the same price. This hotel seems to be getting very good reviews. It is in a good, safe location, provides breakfast, and a hassle-free way to get to the port.

I hope this helps. Happy cruising to all.

Many people have been wondering about sleep and cruise packages. We, too, needed one night's lodging after driving to NJ. I just now booked a room at the Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth NJ for our summer cruise out of Bayonne and even though I have not yet stayed there, I can tell you what I know so far. The package is $195 plus a 20% tax, includes 2 roundtrip vouchers to the port and back, continental breakfast (I think maybe a buffet), 8 days of parking. We are a family of four and will be able to buy 2 additional vouchers at the desk. Also, our cruise is nine days and they provide additional parking at $15 a day. Checkin is at 3 pm. The phone number is 908-282-0020.

I looked into several hotels and have determined that staying elsewhere , driving to the pier and paying $144 parking (or taking taxis both ways from the hotel and paying hotel parking ) will ultimately be about the same price. This hotel seems to be getting very good reviews. It is in a good, safe location, provides breakfast, and a hassle-free way to get to the port.

I hope this helps. Happy cruising to all.

Just got back. The Country Inn and Suites was Ok-ish.

We had some problems.

We had to wait about 30 mins at the airport for their shuttle. All other shuttles had come round at least twice before it arrived.

We were quoted $119 and they tried to charge $139.

Heating did not work initially and we had the maintainance man in the room twice before it was fixed.

We then had to get him back as water was not hot enough to bathe comfortably. They said they couldnt move us.

Finally, I opened the ice bucket to fetch some ice from the machine and there was a used Band-aid lying in it that had not been cleaned away.

When I complained to the manager, all she would do was deduct $20 from our bill. We did think about moving but after a long flight from the UK and the fact we were only there for 1 night, we made do.

As it turned out the bed was very clean and comfortable and breakfast was good.

I would go somewhere else next time

I have pasted above what I had already reported about this hotel in another thread.

Sorry that your visit was disappointing. Trip Advisor gave the hotel a very good rating and the reviews were mostly positive. Just wanted folks to have the information if they needed a precruise room with transportation that was reasonably priced. Many rates at other hotels for a family get very pricey before you even include pier parking or taxi service back and forth. Just trying to help.

Archived