What is included?

Janan

I've been looking at some river cruising sites and some say all inclusive..what does that mean...I've looked and looked and there is no "your cruise includes" xyz and "it doesn't include" abc.....I would like to know what a river cruises usually include, are there any true all inclusives and if i can get someone to tell me their choice for the best river cruiseline.

Thanks,

Andy

River cruises include your cabin and all meals on the ship. Some include wine with meals (or just dinner). Most include at least some shore excursions. Some include airfare from one or more US airports to/from the cruise.

Each cruise line or even each cruise can vary.

Janan

we have been on 5 european river cruises ,3 with grand circle travel and two with two other cruise companies. on our GCT cruises " all inclusive" meant that the price we paid included our plane fare from the city in the US that we selected to our "gateway city"in europe. from that point-if you so choose-everthing is included if you do an all river cruise with no hotel stays. on board room and meals,included sightseeing, GCT has a fantastic web page-GCT.com that lists very detailed info on what is included and what is optional. optional are tours that you do not have to take.

hope this helps

Tom

We've not done any river cruising, just a fair bit of browsing. And it does seem to vary. For instance, I've just been doing quite a bit of investigating of theGoBarging line (Ireland, England, Scotland, France Germany, Holland) which does bill itself as 'all-inclusive' and truly seems to be, since on-board wine and liquor is included, as well as all excursions.

I'm pretty sure that Grand Circle (again, my only experience is in brochure reading) does not include on board cocktails...nor, possible even wine. So it all calls for a fair bit of customer sleuthing, or a very savvy TA, I guess.

Archived