Hawaii Entertainment Book

MaxKare

Would someone please let me know if I can use the 2006 coupons during the time frame: 5 Dec - 20 Dec 2006? Or do I need to buy the 2007 book?

And, will someone with the book let me know if it includes Paradise Cove Luau and what the particulars are of that coupon. Also, what helicopter companies have coupons in the book and what do they state?

Thanks very much!

[quote name='ckaiserfl']Would someone please let me know if I can use the 2006 coupons during the time frame: 5 Dec - 20 Dec 2006? Or do I need to buy the 2007 book?
QUOTE]

Sorry you'll have to buy the 2007. The 2006 coupons are good until November 1. I am lamenting myself since we will be living here another 2 months and could use those coupons but dont want to buy a new one.

[/quote]Sorry you'll have to buy the 2007. The 2006 coupons are good until November 1. I am lamenting myself since we will be living here another 2 months and could use those coupons but dont want to buy a new one.[/quote]

You could sell the remainder of the 2007 book on eBay. I see others have done that. Just state which coupons you have used. That's what I plan to do.
Thanks for your original info.

How much is the new "07" book? We're planning a trip over the summer (land and now trying to figure out for how long and which islands). We're also going to be in Big Island and Kauii in December but realize that there are few coupons (if any) in the new book that may be of use to us then.
Are there any coupons for Big Island/Kauii in the new book our are most things for Oahu? Also, of the "good" items (bigger ticket savings etc.) are they coupons or #s on the card. Trying to figure out if we should get 2 books or acquire another card (which is possible).
Any info would be appreciated.
TIA
Carolyn

The bigger savings are the high-end restaurants (up to $36 on the meal on at least one coupon) and the shows (we saved $60 on a party of 4 to Do Ho) but the restaurants are on card and the shows and luaus are mostly on coupon. But the show ones are usually for 4 people where the restaurants are mostly buy one, get one....some of the buffets can be on a party of 4.
The book is $35 but if you do only 2 restaurants, it would be paid for and after that is gravy. We usually buy it and use 2 or 3 restaurants a year and it works out fine.

There ARE coupons for Kauai and BI, however we used only one on the big island at a casual lunch. You would have to look on the website or peruse the book at the store to see if it would be worth it for you.

Suebee
Thanks for your input.
We got the card/book this past year to have for the hotel discounts. DH didn't need it but he had it just in case. That said we haven't used the book at all and are now looking at "impulse" places to just get some savings. Know the book is great w/car rentals. Not sure if we'd dine at higher end places since we're going to be spending alot of time (between 2-3 weeks) in islands and dining isn't top priority for $$ spent. Perhaps a show esp. if we could use the coupon for up to 4. Will probably invest in the book and then see what's available. Planning on spending at least 5 days on Oahu but more time on Big Island during the summer.
BTW has anyone here ever used the Go Oahu card (variable day). Been tempted in investing in it for August but not sure if the return would be worth the expense (adult $119 for 3 days, kids $79).
Carolyn

try this link: [url]http://entertainment.com/discount/change_location.shtml?bookid=7417&search_findsavings_from=viewlocal&location=null[/url]

there is also a "peek inside" tab where you can view different areas of the book - [url]http://entertainment.com/discount/peek_inside.shtml[/url] from the "Hawaii" area of the webpage, available on their site from 35-37 or on eBay get for 25 or something with free shipping for a new book - good deal if you arent in a hurry, mine was shipped at "media rate" which took a bit longer, but we dont leave until mid-December - so its a good deal

If anyone wants my HI [B]2006[/B] entertainment book (not the card), that is good through Nov 1, if you paypal me the priority cost ($4.05) of shipping, the book is yours at no cost.
We used a few coupons, but someone else sent me most of the coupons we used. If you want to know if I have specific coupons, you can email me at [EMAIL="personalizedyourway@gmail.com"]personalizedyourway@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Doris

• 2 months later...
[quote name='Aloha_Jackie']try this link: [url]http://entertainment.com/discount/change_location.shtml?bookid=7417&search_findsavings_from=viewlocal&location=null[/url]

there is also a "peek inside" tab where you can view different areas of the book - [url]http://entertainment.com/discount/peek_inside.shtml[/url] from the "Hawaii" area of the webpage, available on their site from 35-37 or on eBay get for 25 or something with free shipping for a new book - good deal if you arent in a hurry, mine was shipped at "media rate" which took a bit longer, but we dont leave until mid-December - so its a good deal[/QUOTE]
I just tried this and got nothing but grey pages flipping back and forth. Any ideas. I can't seem to find out anything as to what is in the book. Also, if I remember correctly, someone mentioned that one could go somewhere on their site and download 5 coupons for free.

thanks.

Aloha -

the Hawaii book is now on sale if you are a member at $27

[B]The Hawaii Book ($37.00)-- Special Member Pricing - $10 Off plus Free Shipping! [/B]

all the pages displayed for me perfectly - I just checked the website - it seems fine

give it a whirl this morning

good luck

[quote name='Ring']Hi,
We are going to be in Waikiki in Oct/07 for five days. Where is the Hau Tree Lanai?[/quote]

Hau Tree Lani is a restrauant located in the New Otani Beach Hotel. It is about 1-1&1/2 miles from the center of Waikiki it is on the Diamond Head side of Waikiki ajacant to Kapolani Park. Great place for dinner, right on the beach, small and the best sunsets. And it is not inexpensive. I would highly recommend reservations as it is a popular place.

• 4 weeks later...
I would imagine whatever criteria is listed would be accurate. There are usually special stipulations in order to use the coupons, whether it be certain days or before a specific time etc. If they request reservations, you should honor that. You dont want to get all the way to the North Shore and find out you cant get in etc.

Hi IScubaSlo, when I called to make a reservation at PCC I asked about the entertainment card. They said you make the reservation now and when you go to pick up your tix, you give them the coupon and they give you a $40.00 credit. That is how it was explained to me. Also, if you make a reservation directly with PCC you can pick your seats for the Horizon show if you are planning to see it. Enjoy Hawaii. I'll be there in May and already marking off the calendar. Lois

We returned recently from Hawaii. Did not have time to purchase the EB book before we left, but searched on line and purchased from a charity in Hawaii for $30.00 (they delivered to our ship on day of departure). Used the EB for PCC, called and they said to just bring in the coupon. Saved $40.00. Also used for Tokoyo of Tanaka at the Ilikia Hotel. (we stayed there post cruise). This Japanese restaurant includes appies and dessert, so good value using coupon. Also, saved $10.00 on car rental we booked on line while in Honolulu from Alamo.

John and Cathy

Archived