Hotel Port Canaveral

DivineDivia

I haven't stayed in a hotel there since we live in Florida.... BUT, last year we took a cruise with friends of ours from out of town, they flew in a day early and stayed at a hotel right near the port. They loved it and when they woke up in the morning, they could see the ship from the hotel. Here is the link to her review of the cruise, the hotel information and her experience with it is in there.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=31108

Hope this helps. Bo

Any suggestions on hotels to stay at (or avoid) near Port Canaveral?

Thanks!

A group of us (16) are sailing on Mariner in April and booked into the County Inn & Suites. Brandy, the Group Sales Manager was very helpful. It is quite a new hotel and the closest one ( I think) to the port in Cape Canaveral. I did quite a bit of research using the "I work in P Canaveral" thread. Very, very useful info. Hope this helps!:D

We are staying at the Radisson at the port which seems to get a good all around thumbs up at tripadvisor.com. It is close to the pier. The pool looks great. We booked the park and cruise (even though we are flying in) because is was the same price as the caribbean room by it's self and it comes with a full breakfast.

Bob

Where is Manatee park? Thanks

The Manatee Park

Manatee Sanctuary Park located at 701 Thurm Blvd which is off West Central Ave - this is located right between Zackery's Restaurant and Traxx (Zackery's is right next door to the Radisson) - park hours are from 7AM to dark. You can walk to it from the Raddison: 2 long blocks approx 10 to 15 mins walking, but you do have a sidewalk and the walk is nice althought not shady. There is no cost and it does have a super nice and clean rest room, places to sit out of the sun. Best time for manatees: early morning or just before dusk.

Dolphins were out the other morn "trolling" for breakfast - it is so interesting to watch. The manatees don't care one way or another :-)

Always

Shirley

My vote is for the Residence Inn as well. Relatively new hotel, clean, well maintained, friendly, helpful staff and the best included breakfast I've had yet. My parents and I shared a one bedroom King suite, I slept on the pull out sofa, which was fine for one night. My only complaint was to get to the bathroom you had to go through the bedroom which is kind of a pain if you have to "go" in the middle of the night.

Archived