Priceline & Vancouver Hotels

I never used priceline to bid on a hotel.

I am thinking about trying to do it for the night before the Cruise in Vancouver this summer.

I am concern on the area I may be put in, even when selecting the downtown area.

Has anyone had luck with priceline in regards this?

I won the Pacific Palisades 4* for August 21 and 22 and paid $135 per night. It is $200 and higher per night on their website. I was quite pleased since it is on Robson St. a great location and during busy cruise season. I bid for about a week. Another person had wrote and said they got it for $125 per night for sometime in May. I don't think it is to early to bid. Just remember they only have to guarantee you 1 bed so if you have more than two people Priceline might not be for you. Happy Cruising!!!

I have never bid for a hotel room either, but was planning on it for this trip.

Can you bid for 2 rooms at the same time? There are 4 of us adults traveling together and we would want to be in seperate rooms, but at the same hotel.

And I assume when your bid is accepted, you pay right then...correct? What if you have to cancel your trip? Any way to cancel the room? If not, does trip "insurance" cover the cost of the hotel?

I don't understand the Priceline bid process. Do you bid an amount and then if you win, Priceline decides where you'll go? Or do you bid on a certain hotel? I've only gotten as far as where they ask for my personal info and then I've clicked out of it.

I don't understand the Priceline bid process. Do you bid an amount and then if you win, Priceline decides where you'll go? Or do you bid on a certain hotel? I've only gotten as far as where they ask for my personal info and then I've clicked out of it.

That's correct - you won't know what hotel you get unless Priceline accepts your bid. You are choosing a particular location, quality level, date, and the price you want to pay. I suggest you read the "Hotel FAQ" at http://www.biddingfortravel.com before bidding for a hotel on Priceline.

Thanks, Nancy. I didn't have a lot of time to look at the linked site, but I did get one piece of information that I'll use. It said to bid $1 just to get the lay of the land and understand the process better. Have to leave early this morning, but when I get back I'll furiously bid my $1 !!!:)

I have never bid for a hotel room either, but was planning on it for this trip.

Can you bid for 2 rooms at the same time? There are 4 of us adults traveling together and we would want to be in seperate rooms, but at the same hotel.

And I assume when your bid is accepted, you pay right then...correct? What if you have to cancel your trip? Any way to cancel the room? If not, does trip "insurance" cover the cost of the hotel?

I was wondering the same about whether insurance will cover a priceline room. Does anyone know?

Archived