They must be out of their minds!

cruisinjerseygirl

I wonder, too, why they ask for all the information. I dutifully filled out all the details. We had an early flight 11:30 AM. When we got our number to disembark, we had a high number. It didn't matter because we took our own bags off ourselves. But, if we didn't do that, we would have missed our flight.

I am sorry I am not one to complain about stuff like this but it's annoying...I just went and filled out my fun pass...I had read on here that they were asking for cc info like the last 4 digits and I figured ok, no big deal but when I went to fill it out it ended up being a 25 minute process! How annoying and frustrating...I recall our last cruise it was easy to fill out and get done and this time they wanted everything but blood it seemed like...they wouldn't let me complete it without all of our flight info and all of our car rental info including airline, rental company, departure times, arrival times, and reservation numbers. I think they took it a little too far and have made it more of an inconvience to be quite honest. Why do they really need to know what time my flight is arriving back home after we get off the ship...ok I understand maybe the departure time but the arrival time? What a process! Then after all was said and done and it said it was complete when I go back it says incomplete but if I click on the incomplete button it shows that it is complete...they need a better tech person really!

I agree, it really is a pain to fill it all out.....BUT, on our last cruise we ran into complications and had to turn around and go back to Aruba for a passenger that broke a hip. In doing so, the ship's propellor broke. I know, probably too much information, but the good news was that Carnival cancelled everything and rebooked everything. We arrived back at San Juan with all passengers needing hotel accomodations and new flights. All on March Break. I'm not saying that everything ran smoothly....Carnival definitely could make some improvements to their procedures, however, considering the numbers they were dealing with, they did the best that they could.

I guess it is just me, but I did not see a big deal in feeling out the forms. Of course, i am a retired, stay at home disabled mom with nothing better to do. So it does not take that much out of me. Just getting to the right screen to do it was a challenge the other night when i felt so bad. i just could not figure it out. Once I was feeling better though, I did ok, and had it done in a matter of minutes.

Of course, we drive, so we don't have the hotel, and air to contend with either.

I agree it was a pain. However, so worth it....We just got off the Legend on Sunday...... embarkation was so simple-gave her funpass, she check our passports, and verified my credit card, she handed us our S&S cards and off we were to zoning area.......less than 5 minutes, VERY worth it.

Review coming soon.

If important info like CC number and stuff actually related to the cruise is needed I give it. Anything to help speed up the check in process.

As far as car rental company and flight times' date=' hotel and things like that I do not provide. They dont need to know it. Exception being would be maybe the flight home AFTER THE CRUISE.

Why would they need to know what hotel I am staying in the night before? Why would they need to know what flight I am coming in on the day before?

The only thing I can think of would be to contact me in case the cruise is being delayed etc, but I always give my cell number for that.

Anyone know?[/quote']

I wonder if it has something to do with the new requirements of being on the ship at least one hour before departure? Do the cruiselines look for you if you're not there when you're supposed to be? Maybe if you're not then they know which airlines to check with? Just guessing.:confused:

Just a thought, but I feel the time invested in supplying the info may be good insurance in the event of a late arrival or departure. (Due to a medical emergency on the Legend a couple of years ago, we arrived several hours late into Ft. Lauderdale).

By having the information stored, and in the event of a schedule change, Carnival could immediately start working on as many alternate arrangements as possible, probably from the central office. The alternative would be for a couple of thousand people to line up on the ship (or pier) to deal with a limited staff and overloaded communication channels.

I've been trying to link someone on another booking # to my father-in-law's credit card. Finally talked to someone at Carnival who said it couldn't be done. I faxed her the info and my fil's info was entered but was told other person would have to be entered at pier. Help!!!!

Really? Because I did something similar for my daughters through the Fun Pass system, and they had a different booking number.

When you get to the Fun Pass page that says "Set Up Onboard Expense Account" in the middle of the page there is a link labeled "Include Guests from Another Booking". I clicked that link, and it opens up a new window were you put in the other booking number and the last name of the other person you want to add. Enter that and they'll be listed on your form, and then you just have to select "Member with charging privileges" next to their name and save it.

At least that worked for me, and I did it within the last week.

Archived