They must be out of their minds!

cruisinjerseygirl

I am sorry I am not one to complain about stuff like this but it's annoying...I just went and filled out my fun pass...I had read on here that they were asking for cc info like the last 4 digits and I figured ok, no big deal but when I went to fill it out it ended up being a 25 minute process! How annoying and frustrating...I recall our last cruise it was easy to fill out and get done and this time they wanted everything but blood it seemed like...they wouldn't let me complete it without all of our flight info and all of our car rental info including airline, rental company, departure times, arrival times, and reservation numbers. I think they took it a little too far and have made it more of an inconvience to be quite honest. Why do they really need to know what time my flight is arriving back home after we get off the ship...ok I understand maybe the departure time but the arrival time? What a process! Then after all was said and done and it said it was complete when I go back it says incomplete but if I click on the incomplete button it shows that it is complete...they need a better tech person really!

It does seem to be much more time-consuming now. I had a problem trying to link two reservations. I could get everyone but ONE granddaughter on the credit card (yes I did want to give them charging privileges) and I knew she would be devastated if her card didn't work. FINALLY got it all done.

I haven't booked air yet for DD and her two DD, so I just put that they were being picked up by a private car for now. Looking forward (not) to having to go back and edit three fun passes!:rolleyes:

I am sorry I am not one to complain about stuff like this but it's annoying...I just went and filled out my fun pass...I had read on here that they were asking for cc info like the last 4 digits and I figured ok, no big deal but when I went to fill it out it ended up being a 25 minute process! How annoying and frustrating...I recall our last cruise it was easy to fill out and get done and this time they wanted everything but blood it seemed like...they wouldn't let me complete it without all of our flight info and all of our car rental info including airline, rental company, departure times, arrival times, and reservation numbers. I think they took it a little too far and have made it more of an inconvience to be quite honest. Why do they really need to know what time my flight is arriving back home after we get off the ship...ok I understand maybe the departure time but the arrival time? What a process! Then after all was said and done and it said it was complete when I go back it says incomplete but if I click on the incomplete button it shows that it is complete...they need a better tech person really!

Just a few days ago, Carnival changed their fun pass process. It's more automated. Now, you need to fill out info on the Sign and Sail Card, accept the terms of the contract, and a few more things as you indicated.

The purpose of this is to expedite the embarkation process. That should make it more pleasant.

Couple of weeks ago, I filled out everything but noticed the other day that it said 'incomplete'. My agent told me why.

When you first fill everything out, it takes about 4 hours to update in Carnival's system. Then, when you log into the site, your account will say 'complete'.

Hope

I think some of the problem is due to new requirements for cruise lines to submit information about their passengers a minimum of one hour prior to SCHEDULED departure.

The info they're gathering for the Fun Pass is almost all driven by this new reg.

I know... it's a pain in the butt...

If important info like CC number and stuff actually related to the cruise is needed I give it. Anything to help speed up the check in process.

As far as car rental company and flight times, hotel and things like that I do not provide. They dont need to know it. Exception being would be maybe the flight home AFTER THE CRUISE.

Why would they need to know what hotel I am staying in the night before? Why would they need to know what flight I am coming in on the day before?

The only thing I can think of would be to contact me in case the cruise is being delayed etc, but I always give my cell number for that.

Anyone know?

it was quite tedious for me to ... but since this is my first, i did not know what to expect.

when all was said and done, DH said I should have just entered that we drove!! then i would not have had to do all that extra crap.

He's into "privacy" and wonders WHY they need all that info.

[hope this isnt a duplicate post.... the one i did 5 min ago was still processing when I came over to read the thread again..... ]

It does seem to be much more time-consuming now. I had a problem trying to link two reservations. I could get everyone but ONE granddaughter on the credit card (yes I did want to give them charging privileges) and I knew she would be devastated if her card didn't work. FINALLY got it all done.

I haven't booked air yet for DD and her two DD, so I just put that they were being picked up by a private car for now. Looking forward (not) to having to go back and edit three fun passes!:rolleyes:

I've been trying to link someone on another booking # to my father-in-law's credit card. Finally talked to someone at Carnival who said it couldn't be done. I faxed her the info and my fil's info was entered but was told other person would have to be entered at pier. Help!!!!

I've been trying to link someone on another booking # to my father-in-law's credit card. Finally talked to someone at Carnival who said it couldn't be done. I faxed her the info and my fil's info was entered but was told other person would have to be entered at pier. Help!!!!

No just call the funpass dept. and tell them what is going on, I had to talk to

2 people (different calls) to get someone to fix mine, I could not add my dh

(he is booked in another cabin) to my cc account. The guy at carnival said

it would show up online in 24 hours.

If important info like CC number and stuff actually related to the cruise is needed I give it. Anything to help speed up the check in process.

As far as car rental company and flight times' date=' hotel and things like that I do not provide. They dont need to know it. Exception being would be maybe the flight home AFTER THE CRUISE.

Why would they need to know what hotel I am staying in the night before? Why would they need to know what flight I am coming in on the day before?

The only thing I can think of would be to contact me in case the cruise is being delayed etc, but I always give my cell number for that.

Anyone know?[/quote']

Have you ever thouht the reason they wanted hotel info, is so they could contact you in case the ship is delayed.

I suppose it could be part of the security issue...but I doubt it. We use more than CCL for our cruises and none of tghe others are asking these kinds of questions....if it was part of gov't/security regs...they would ask!

More likely it is connected to CCL marketing surveys they like to do in order to develop more related revenue streams.

I tell them what they need to know....stuff that is directly related to the cruise...nothing more! Who we fly with....when we fly....where we stay...pre and post cruise is none of their business.

As someone else noted...we give them our cell number if they need to get hold of us about the cruise.

I suppose it could be part of the security issue...but I doubt it. We use more than CCL for our cruises and none of tghe others are asking these kinds of questions....if it was part of gov't/security regs...they would ask!

More likely it is connected to CCL marketing surveys they like to do in order to develop more related revenue streams.

I tell them what they need to know....stuff that is directly related to the cruise...nothing more! Who we fly with....when we fly....where we stay...pre and post cruise is none of their business.

As someone else noted...we give them our cell number if they need to get hold of us about the cruise.

It does apply to foriegn nationals travel though our country or staying even one night, they must document their travel arrangements.

Have you ever thouht the reason they wanted hotel info, is so they could contact you in case the ship is delayed.

Obviously I did think about it thats why I stated I always give Carnival my cell phone number IN CASE THE SHIP IS DELAYED.

Read my post you will see. lol.

Does it really help Carnival to know what car rental company I am using or what flight I am coming in on the day before?

Some people drive in from other states and have no flight or hotel info, only a cell phone.

Makes me wonder if Carnival is selling this info about their passengers to marketing firms.

and (having never had to fly to cruise), how the heck are they going to keep up with that info as it always seems to be in flux? Flights are changed all the time for good reason, and NO reason at all. To what benefit is it of theirs?

Both of my last cruises (5/05 and 4/07) I had to fill out post-cruise flight information.

and (having never had to fly to cruise), how the heck are they going to keep up with that info as it always seems to be in flux? Flights are changed all the time for good reason, and NO reason at all. To what benefit is it of theirs?

my flights changed last time after I had the Fun Pass filled out. My PVP told me not to bother with changing it. ???

As far as car rental company and flight times' date=' hotel and things like that I do not provide. They dont need to know it. Exception being would be maybe the flight home AFTER THE CRUISE.

Anyone know?[/quote']

Maybe they are doing a test market to see if it is fiesable for them to start their own "Bus" to and from the hotels, air ports, etc. Makes sense to me. That is how Kmart, Walmart, and other places know where to build, or close businnesses.

We close to the port, so I don't have to do the air and car rental and hotel part. We just get in our vehicle, and go to the port.

That is how Disney decided to make the AirPort shuttle to the parks. By having people fill out that extra information.

I'd much rather spend that extra time filling in the info from the comfort of my desk at work or at home than standing in line with hundreds and hundreds of other people slowly weaving my way through the lines at embarkation.

If it speeds up getting on the ship, then I'm fine with it.

Fill it out, check back the next day, print it out and forget about it! If they need more info at check in, they'll ask.

Think about it!

IF they use the info to develop new business contacts, i.e. shuttle service, better deals on airfare, hotels, etc. we will benefit in the long run if they can work out better packages.

IF they are using the info for security purposes we benefit in the long run if our nation is more secure.

IF they are using the info as survey info to determine how we all depart, where we all stay, etc to see which ports may be more convenient for the majority who are departing by air, etc., we benefit in the long run when they open a new port closer to where we are at.

Besides, we are living in a society where we think nothing of supplying all of this information and more to purchase something online, apply for multiple credit cards, etc. How many times have you given out your Social Security number? Someone can do a lot more with that than your cruise itinerary.

The primary problem here is that it takes a little more time than what we expected. But like the previous posters, I too, would rather take the time to fill it out now, then to wait behind 100 people while they filled their's out during embarkation.

I had this exact same problem on mine too - may I asked how you finally resolved it? Ever time I added the 2nd booking it would only show my DH and not my son! I know I can do it at checkin but I'd really love to have it squared away before we go! Thanks!

Archived