Soda question on Emerald

SEA SOUNDS

What kind of soda do they serve on the Emerald? I like diet sprite and caffiene free diet coke-------is this available?

Also for meals, besides water, what else is available to drink free with your meals?

Coke products only. You'll find Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite. I can't remember if they have cans of Diet Sprite but if you buy the soda card, you can get any of these three from any bar on the ship. The soda card does not include anything from cans. I don't remember seeing any caffeine-free sodas on a cruise ship (any cruise ship.)

Besides water, there's tea, iced tea and coffee; and juices: orange, cranberry, apple, etc.

What kind of soda do they serve on the Emerald? I like diet sprite and caffiene free diet coke-------is this available?

Also for meals, besides water, what else is available to drink free with your meals?

Thanks again

I have never seen diet sprite on a Princess ship and have only seen caffiene free diet coke on one ship (Tahitian Princess.)

At lunch and dinner you have milk(skim or 2% and regular), coffee, tea at no additional cost. At breakfast you can have those plus several juices.

Note: In the buffet, you need to ask for milk at lunch and dinner. It is placed where you can get it for breakfast.

Could someone explain when and where you get soda in a can and when and where you get soda in a glass from "the gun"? If I buy a soda card is it always in a glass? If I pay for each drink seperately do I get it in a can? How much does a can (12oz. I presume) cost? How much does a glass cost and how big is the glass? 8oz., 10oz., 12oz.?? I'm trying to decide if a soda card is worth the money. Our cruise is a 19 day Med TA, 11 of those days at ports, and the weather should not be real hot. More than likely warm to cool. Evenings I plan on indulging in a bit of the grape, so depending on the cost it might just be a waste of money for me. Any thoughts??

sharonmae

The cans of pop are I think $1.50 plus the 15% gratuity each. If you buy the soda sticker then you can have any size pop depending on what bar you go to(some bars only have one size glass). So if you drink a lot of soda then it would be worth it. You can not use the sticker for room service, but you can go to a bar before you go to your room and get a soda. So what you should do is average how much soda you think you drink in a day, say you drink four cans, multiply that by $1.75, and the soda sticker would be worth it for you. If you drink two in a day it would not. Make sense? The soda card is $3.95 per day plus the 15% gratuity, not per day but total so for a ten day cruise it would be $45.43.

Anyway I got kind of long winded, but I hope this helps. I drink water, but DH is a pop drinker and sometimes he gets it and sometimes he does not. He is cutting back on the pop, so it helps him not to get the sticker.

The cans of pop are I think $1.50 plus the 15% gratuity each. If you buy the soda sticker then you can have any size pop depending on what bar you go to(some bars only have one size glass). So if you drink a lot of soda then it would be worth it. You can not use the sticker for room service, but you can go to a bar before you go to your room and get a soda. So what you should do is average how much soda you think you drink in a day, say you drink four cans, multiply that by $1.75, and the soda sticker would be worth it for you. If you drink two in a day it would not. Make sense? The soda card is $3.95 per day plus the 15% gratuity, not per day but total so for a ten day cruise it would be $45.43.

Anyway I got kind of long winded, but I hope this helps. I drink water, but DH is a pop drinker and sometimes he gets it and sometimes he does not. He is cutting back on the pop, so it helps him not to get the sticker.

You can get Club Soda and Tonic Water on the soda card and you can get soda card drinks at dinner!

Archived