In 30 years

cruisinjerseygirl

quote=Mikel 1733 But many folks would rather have the airline experience of 30 years ago compared to todays experience. We might just look back 10,20,or 30 years from now and say those were the good old days.

Of course this will be the case - it always happens. :) I recall when I was around 12, asking my mother who was talking about when she was young, if 1962 would ever seen like a long time ago. Everything was so modern and we had such fantastic technology - TV's, Princess phones, Sputnik, I couldn't imagine all of this ever seeming old fashioned. Well, I'm now 57 and boy does 1962 seem like another world and in some ways better, even though it really wasn't.

aint that the truth. I was born in 61, and see such a change in kids now as to what they were then. then, you did not scream unless you were in pain, or being hurt in some way. NOW, it is like a sport to see which kid can scream the loudest.

Wow what hostility...just wondering what everyone thout it would be like...and yes I knew that the internet was around before I was born...but with the way the world is now it is extremely different from what it was 20 years ago that was the point I was trying to make!

Don't sweat it. We'll just ignore the arguing, how's that?! :D

<snip>

The captain will be able to tell where every guest is baised on their s&s card microchip. If someone is not on the ship on time, they can turn on a gps unit and find them.

And the GPS will guide a small low powered laser which the Captain will use to poke the late people in the ribs to get them moving! :D

Fuel surcharges will be $100.00 pp/pd which will be waived for everyone because we are no longer using fossel fuel. It's just there to remind everyone! :D

Car insurance companies will automatically cover trip insurance, health insurance companies will cover all medical costs incurred on a trip and nothing will cost you out of pocket for any emergency!

Cruise lines will own their own airlines and hotels. They will fly you to the port the day before your cruise and put you up in the hotel and it will all be baked into the price. :rolleyes:

You will never have to bother with your luggage after a cruise. It will automatically be overnighted to your home town where you can pick it up at your leisure when you get home! And they will do the laundry for you too! :D

Hey, if we're gonna dream.... :cool:

Car insurance companies will automatically cover trip insurance, health insurance companies will cover all medical costs incurred on a trip and nothing will cost you out of pocket for any emergency! :cool:

That would be great! Insurance is Insurance you buy it and everything is covered and I mean everything.

Oh? So what will happen??? Didn't know anyone actually knew what will happen in 30 years...

I don't think you got the joke. He was referring to a famous quote that was made by a guy at the US Patent Office in 1899 after the automobile and many other gadgets had been invented. He actually stated that "everything that can be invented, has been invented". Boy was he wrong!!!!

All cruise ships will be equipped with The flux capacitor which requires 1.21 gigawatts of electricity to operate and will enable all ships to sail Back To The Future. :D :p

I have the "Flux Belt".....It allows me to go "Back To The Buffet" :D

Archived