Dolphins in Bermuda

jimc_usa

I was considering Dolphin Quest for my wife but after searching for it (here and web in general) found there are many reports of the experience not being quite what it would seem. Small tanks, dirty water and not exactly the conditions a dolphin lover might want or expect for them. Also the actual time interacting with a dolphin was a small fraction of the total time. Some people felt it was a rip-off for what they paid. Granted...this is all web hearsay so take it with a grain or two of salt but the perponderance of reports made me think twice about it.

I think you could maybe do a much cheaper "dry" tour (like visiting an aquarium) and see for yourself and then if they have space available, and you like what you see, buy the "in the water" package.

My children swam with the dolphins at Dolphin Quest last year and loved it! I also enjoyed watching and taking pictures etc. They learned alot and really enjoyed themselves. As for swimming in dirty water........ the water was right from the ocean that came into the blocked off areas that the dolphins swam in. The areas might have looked small but they were all open to other protected areas that the dolphins could swim into (under the docks). I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in dolphins. It is pricey and I believe the whole excursion only lasted about 45-50 minutes but the smiles on my kid's faces made it worth it......also you get to explore the fort afterwards. Enjoy!

Archived