Drink coupons

cruisnmomof2

We'll be leaving November 29th (73 days to go, YEAH!!!) on our cruise on Sensation. We will be traveling with a large group and haven't gotten our booking number or stateroom number yet. I was wanting to purchase the drink coupons ahead of time, is there anyway to do this?

We'll be leaving November 29th (73 days to go, YEAH!!!) on our cruise on Sensation. We will be traveling with a large group and haven't gotten our booking number or stateroom number yet. I was wanting to purchase the drink coupons ahead of time, is there anyway to do this?

Sure, go here to the Bon Voyage Gift department of Carnival

Chris,

I tried that, but you have to have a booking number to order them online. I called Carnival and they told me that you can't order them without the booking numver, so I guess I'll just stick the money back & order them once I get my numbers.

Thanks,

Chris,

I tried that, but you have to have a booking number to order them online. I called Carnival and they told me that you can't order them without the booking numver, so I guess I'll just stick the money back & order them once I get my numbers.

Thanks,

Did you call your TA and ask if they can give you your booking number?

If your agent has you booked as a group and you have paid in full ask them for your indiviual booking number. You will have to have a cabin number also. But since you dont have either--you can just call 1-800-carnival and speak to guest services and buy them over the telphone.

If the person at Carnival tells you that you need a booking num,ber ask to speak to someone else. I have ordered many friends gifts for their cruises. I only needed their names and sailing dates to order the gifts/.

I don't mean to open a can of worms but just a caution on the drink coupons...

When we were on the Imagination we had no problems using them for any drinks. On the Sensation we tried using them and had mixed results. At the piano bar the one waitress charged the difference in price between a glass of wine and the face value of the coupon. I told my DH not to waste the coupon and I'd try it at another bar. At the Polo Lounge they took the coupon as full payment for the same wine. So, if you run into someone wanting to charge you an additional amount just tell them to charge you for the drink without the coupon and use it somewhere else.

Drink coupons are only valued for drinks at $4.75 or less. Bought a few foo-foo drinks (4.95) with them, but most drinks only cost $3.95 + $0.59 tip = $4.54 each. Coupons cost $4.875 each.

Easier and cheaper just to skip the coupons and just use the sail and sign card. I recommend skipping the foo-foo drinks and go for the Mai Tai drinks (single, not double). They were really good.

Venture: Welcome home. DId ya write a review?

The coupons are NOT a money saver---only a prepaid way to drink on the ship wthout haveing sticker shock. If you were using them for mixed drinks-or beer even -its not worth it at all.

Most of my drinks are $4.95 to $5.50, so the coupons are a wonderful savings. It's about $1-$1.50 per drink once the 15% is added in and I'm very cool with that. Thanks for the advice that some waitstaff may try to charge the difference; I've never had that happen, but there's always a first time... Definitely, do not use them on Drink of the Day in regular glasses or beer... Anything that costs $4.25 or more, you end up a bit ahead with the gratuity added in.

To book your drinks as a group (at least 50 people) everyone in the group needs to purchase the card. and the card costs $50.00 per day. for a 7 day cruise you will need to pay $350.00 per person. 2 people in a cabin is a whopping 700 $$ for all you can drink.

Its a good suggestion if you are a drinker..but will ned to drink at least 10 drinks a day to break even.

The drink card cost us $280 each for eight day cruise and we did not have to get one

do you have to be part of a group to be offered this card? I am not sure I could drink enough each day while in port to make this worth it, but I could sure try...I assume at least all members of the cabin would need to get the card to reduce 'giveaways'...

jiggs,

Yes you can only get it with group bookings and I think we bouth had to get one but our 8 day cruise only stops in three ports. I've ben tolld by outher

people in the group that have done this befor that it is worth the money.

Archived