Cruising standby?

bogforce

Manifests need to be submitted 72 hrs before sailing. The other thing working against it is cruise lines have become efficient filling their ships. Those great deals (when they are available) are now to be had a few months before sailing. ;)

I have family in south Florida that used to take advantage of the savings by just showing up at the pier. Of course sometimes they couldn't find anything. Once they went to try and get on a ship I was sailing on and got on for a fraction of what I paid. That was a long time ago though, as the previous posters mentioned they can't do it anymore. They do get last minute specials - but they have to book a week or two out.

Terri

Thanks. What about discounts 72 hours before sailing? Would they sell unsold cabins cheap just to fill them?

Those are the flash sales they have usually a couple months prior. You can book like a week prior, but usually they discount deep enough earlier on they get the ship filled.

So if shopping for price, my advice is look for those flash sales or last minute offers. Sign up with the cruise lines you are interested in and get on their email list. We sail Princess a lot and I get maybe forty flash offers a year from them.

Archived