Nuremberg to Prague????

Rudydog

Take the train

www.bahn.de

Depending on the connection (direct train, one or two changes) it´s between 5 and 7 hours.

There is no direct flight from Nuremberg to Prague. So if you want to fly you have fly via Munich, Frankfurt, Hamburg or Duesseldorf (which doesn´t make much sense). Or you take the train either to Munich or Frankfurt and fly out from there. Frankfurt might be the better choice because the airport has a train station. In Munich you have to change to a local train. But anyway I think you won´t be faster by taking the train and flying compared to the train directly out of Nuremberg to Prague.

steamboats

My husband and I and another couple did a post-cruise stay on our own in Prague, following a Danube river cruise on Amadeus Waterways, rather than do the Amadeus hotel/tour package. BUT: We DID purchase the transfer from Amadeus - so rode the bus from disembarkation in Nuremburg, to their hotel in Prague. From there we went on with our own pre-arranged reservations and had a wonderful three days, before flying home (also all reserved on our own). This seemed like a very simple, easy, and no-hassle solution - we have done alot of independent travel in Europe, but for this particular instance, it was nice to be taken care of until we - and luggage - were in old town Prague.

(Amadeus' brochure didn't mention the possibility of purchasing just the one transfer independently; however, our TA asked and the answer was "yes, of course.")

Archived