Who wants to win a free cruise on Voyager?

Here are the rules...note you can enter once per household per day.

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Contest

Official Rules/No Purchase Necessary

THE SWEEPSTAKES:

During the promotion period - Sunday, January 20, 2008 to Wednesday, February 13, 2008 5pm - entries must be entered online at www.chron.com/contests.

PRIZES AND PRIZE TERMS:

Two (2) Grand Prize Winners will each receive the following:

One (1) Royal Caribbean International 7– night Caribbean cruise in one (1) balcony stateroom (category D) for winner and guest, onboard Voyager of the Seas, sailing from Galveston, Texas. Prize will be awarded in the form of a Royal Caribbean International Complimentary Cruise Certificate. The Certificate will be mailed to the winner directly from Royal Caribbean International. Total approximate retail value is $4,690 USD.

Winner and travel companion are each solely responsible for any and all costs, other than those specifically stated in these Official Rules, that may be incurred or arise as a result of being awarded a prize. Such costs may include, but are not limited to all federal, state, local, or other government or quasi-governmental taxes and fees, travel insurance, airfare, ground transportation and items of a personal nature (i.e. certain shore excursions, passport fees, gratuities, alcoholic beverages, photographs, some entertainment, service fees, medical services, etc.). Winners and guests are responsible for all travel documents (such as a passport and visa) required for travel. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary.

Cruise prize based on stateroom availability at time of booking. Cruise provided subject to the terms and conditions in Royal Caribbean International's guest ticket cruise contract, Complimentary Cruise Certificate, and applicable brochure. Such terms and conditions of use that are listed on these documents include, but are not limited to the following: cruise must be booked within the specified number of days prior to sailing and sailing must be completed within 365 days of Cruise Certificate issue date; blackout dates apply; certificate only applicable to cabin category D; prize may not be upgraded.

No guest under twenty-one (21) years of age will be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by a person who is twenty-one (21) years or older. A parent or legal guardian must accompany all guests under the age of eighteen (18). Married couples who do not meet these age restrictions may, at Royal Caribbean’s discretion, be permitted to sail. Except where prohibited by applicable law, each winner and travel companion will be required to sign a liability and publicity release and/or Declaration of Compliance prior to traveling. Winner and travel companion must sign Royal Caribbean’s passenger ticket contract prior to being allowed to board the cruise.

HOW THE SWEEPSTAKES WORKS:

Beginning Sunday, January 20, 2008 readers will be encouraged to visit chron.com/contests website and print their entry for chance to win a random drawing. Readers will be able to drop off entries at all the below locations and at 801 Texas, Houston, TX 77002. Two winners will be awarded for this contest.

HERE'S HOW TO ENTER:

• Fill out electronic entry at www.chron.com/contests
  • All entries must be received by 5:00pm on Wednesday, February 13, 2008
  • Only one entry per household, per day
  • Not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries or entries not received in time.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY:

Limit one (1) entry per household, per day.

GENERAL RULES:

Open only to U.S. residents. Employees of the Houston Chronicle (independent distributors, carriers and other independent contractors involved in the distribution of the Houston Chronicle); the employees of each and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Decisions of judges are final. All prizes will be awarded. Void where prohibited by law. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Potential winners must execute any required Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form within three days of notification. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification and an alternate may be selected. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use the winner's name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. The promotion is neither sponsored by or endorsed by Royal Caribbean International or Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Royal Caribbean International® and Voyager of the Seas® are trademarks of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. in the United States and certain other countries and are used with permission.

140 feet and Rancher Dave who started this thread is the one who won them if you didn't know:D

Sue, a fellow Longhorn breeder saw the pictures and suggested that I mount them above the ranch entry... I pointed out the 140feet of length...by contrast the entry gate is 16feet now, but when I redesign it to make it really fancy it will probably go to a 24feet entry, maybe a bit more as it would be 2 gates wide...part of the issue will be weight as we will move to a decorative steel gate at that point. That is a couple years off though.

Sue, a fellow Longhorn breeder saw the pictures and suggested that I mount them above the ranch entry... I pointed out the 140feet of length...by contrast the entry gate is 16feet now, but when I redesign it to make it really fancy it will probably go to a 24feet entry, maybe a bit more as it would be 2 gates wide...part of the issue will be weight as we will move to a decorative steel gate at that point. That is a couple years off though.

I want to come to the BBQ and see all this stuff, wish you lived closer to LI. I am an artist maybe I can come and do a mural then I would have a reason to travel to Texas.

I want to come to the BBQ and see all this stuff, wish you lived closer to LI. I am an artist maybe I can come and do a mural then I would have a reason to travel to Texas.

Sue go via my profile and on the ranch site send me an email with a title about the big Longhorns so I can add you to the group to get an email about the event I am working on...as an artist maybe you can play a nice roll and also help out the charity...

Don't forget to enter every day...remember it is for a free balcony cabin. Who wouldn't want to win the cabin and have a really low cost cruise? I sure would love to have be on a cruise today instead of working.

LOL --- You call this working? ;)

HOW THE SWEEPSTAKES WORKS:

Beginning Sunday, January 20, 2008 readers will be encouraged to visit chron.com/contests website and print their entry for chance to win a random drawing. Readers will be able to drop off entries at all the below locations and at 801 Texas, Houston, TX 77002. Two winners will be awarded for this contest.

HERE'S HOW TO ENTER:

• Fill out electronic entry at www.chron.com/contests
  • All entries must be received by 5:00pm on Wednesday, February 13, 2008
  • Only one entry per household, per day
  • Not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries or entries not received in time.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY:

Limit one (1) entry per household, per day.

Okay, this is where I'm confused. Can you just enter electronically each day and you're done or do you then have to print out your entries and drop them off somewhere. :confused:

ETA: Nevermind. I just entered online and it says your entry has been received so I assume the above is either/or although it's not very clear.

Dave - I sent you an email to add me to the Big Longhorn event. :D

Archived