Tour Guide Recommendations??

Funship Cruiser

since we have never been on a cruise everything he would say would be new to us. was your tour good except for running late? we are easy to please,well i should say my husband is easy to please, i can get nervous if something goes wrong,but we will be on a great vacation,so i will have to let little things slide. I am making sure our tour ends hours before the ship is to leave just incase anything like what happens to you happens to us. i would still like more feed back regarding this and other tours so we can make a decision. hope to get lots of responses. i am aware that to 1 person something might be great and to someone else it may be awful that's why i want the good and bad that people have experienced so i can really see whats out there:cool:

Was he nice, yes but his tour was not that great (compared to others I have been on). He gave us the same exact information that a regular taxi cab driver could tell you, nothing special. We were also "supposed" to be back at the ship at 3:30 so running an hour late was not in the plan. The other negative about him is that we had to pay when we first got on the tour, which we've never had to do with any other tour operators (you generally pay at the end of the trip). Hope that helps!

We just got back our cruise last week and while in St. Thomas, we had booked with AirForce1 Tours and had PapaBear as our driver/guide. What a great guy. He took a total of 4 of all over the island and stopped numerous times to show us all the little things you would like to see on an island. Then he took us to Sapphire Beach where we had a great time. Our tour was only supposed to be around 4 hours, but after 6 1/2 hours he dropped us off right at the cruiseship...all for the price of $25/person. He cannot be praised enough. If we go back to St. Thomas, we will absolutely be booking with him!!!!

"Just speculating here, but it might be common for other tour guides to approach tourists standing around waiting and say, "Hey, you're supposed to come with me." Extra money for them if they can 'steal' you away."

We originally thought that but he had our names when we were at the pier. Godfrey confirmed later that him and Sunny sometimes work together when needed to be at different ports. Godfrey arranged to have us switched around four times. He thought that was good business practice I guess.

i have seen a lot about papa bear and henry(2 different companies) wanted to know which is better and why. and does anyone have any photos they could share of their excursion with either 1. thanks in advanced. i was going to go with godfrey but getting alittle nervous. i wanted to to book this as a private excursion(daughter's bday and our 20th ann) both of the above companies are about the same price

Well, I can tell you that Henry is wonderful!! I don't have any pictures on my laptop but I will try to download some. Henry did tell me that he and Papa Bear were the best of friends and they work together sometimes!! My kids and I just love Henry!!

Well, I can tell you that Henry is wonderful!! I don't have any pictures on my laptop but I will try to download some. Henry did tell me that he and Papa Bear were the best of friends and they work together sometimes!! My kids and I just love Henry!!

did you guys do private tour or with other people?

thanks for responding. it would be great if you could down load some pictures:)

We just returned from our cruise last week and did a tour with Henry on Wednesday. He was awesome! I had originally booked with Air Force 1 but he asked me if he could refer us to his friend "Henry". I was thinking it was likely the same Henry that I've read about on this board, so I said sure. Henry was there waiting for us as we got off the ship. There were about 20 of us on the tour in an open air taxi. He is very funny and knowledgeable about the island. We did the mountain top and a great island tour. We spent 3 hours at Sapphire beach (beautiful) and after we did some shopping. Henry drove some people back to the ship, and dropped some of us off down town and picked us back up again. He was very accommodating. I would highly recommend this. For $25 per person you can't go wrong.

We just returned from our cruise last week and did a tour with Henry on Wednesday. He was awesome! I had originally booked with Air Force 1 but he asked me if he could refer us to his friend "Henry". I was thinking it was likely the same Henry that I've read about on this board, so I said sure. Henry was there waiting for us as we got off the ship. There were about 20 of us on the tour in an open air taxi. He is very funny and knowledgeable about the island. We did the mountain top and a great island tour. We spent 3 hours at Sapphire beach (beautiful) and after we did some shopping. Henry drove some people back to the ship, and dropped some of us off down town and picked us back up again. He was very accommodating. I would highly recommend this. For $25 per person you can't go wrong.

i want t o thank everyone for their input. i think its atoss up between henry and papa bear but since henry is 100 cheaper we will go with him:)

I am booked with GOdfrey in April but after reading the last few posts,maybe it is not a great idea.Can someone tell me how to get in touch with Henry?Godfrey does shopping first,tour second and beach third.After reading it sounds like Henry does shopping last.We are a party of 6.Does he take 20 people on his tours?Do you pay first or at the end o the tour?

I am booked with GOdfrey in April but after reading the last few posts,maybe it is not a great idea.Can someone tell me how to get in touch with Henry?Godfrey does shopping first,tour second and beach third.After reading it sounds like Henry does shopping last.We are a party of 6.Does he take 20 people on his tours?Do you pay first or at the end o the tour?

henry has been very helpful with me and the planning of our tour. we also have 6 and i booked him for private tour-cost-300 for full day. we can tell him what ,and where we want to go and for how long.if you have other people its major vote as to what beach you go to here is his info:

www.eeetours.com

His site states $35. Or am I missing something?

Sounds like they're ALL shady. :rolleyes:

Just speculating here, but it might be common for other tour guides to approach tourists standing around waiting and say, "Hey, you're supposed to come with me." Extra money for them if they can 'steal' you away.

Where did you get that idea? :(

While we were standing with Armitage (Papa Bear) waiting for the rest of our group, there were people milling about looking for Godfrey. A couple came up and asked Armitage if he could point them in the right direction. He looked around, couldn't find Godrey or one of his drivers, pulled out his cell phone, called him and asked who the driver was and if he was on his way.

He hung up, told the people the driver would be there in 10 minutes and that they could all wait in one particular spot (next to us) since there was no one with a sign for Godfrey.

Hardly trying to steal anyone away (and there was room on our bus for plenty more people). In fact, seemed to me he was doing a direct competitor a favor.

In a small community like that, it wouldn't be in anyone's best interest for them to try to screw their friends, neighbors and competitors.

We have a bunch of photos at Webshots.

http://community.webshots.com/user/NCTribeFan

Thanks to all for your great recommendations.

HI!!! I couldn't help but notice you must be a Rhapsody fan! We are too - we always sailed out of Galveston and loved the smaller ship (3 x's)

Have you sailed on one of the voyager class ships? and did you adjust to the larger size?

Archived