Casual nights on Century 5 night and Murano's?

jillish

Hi everyone! I am going crazy here and I promise i tried to search for an answer before posting, and i'm sure the answer is here somewhere, but it's buried in all the dress code hullabaloo and i'm leaving in 4 days and still have tons to do. So please help.

The cruise is the Century 5 night departing feb 4th to Key West and Grand Cayman.

Here's my dilemma: I have 1 formal outfit, 2 casuals (capri's & tops), and 2 informals (dress, skirt). The problem is, we are going to try to go to Murano's on Wednesday. If that is a casual night then i will need another dress or skirt, or to change my Murano's plans to coincide with an informal night. So, info is what I need. Also, any experience with ability to get Murano's on any given night? Will we have our pick, or just need to take what we can get?

I really wouldn't stress about it, but i'm not the type that has a lot of dressy clothes other than business suit type stuff and if i need another informal outfit then that means shopping. Yuck.

Thanks for your help. And thanks to the people who post here all the time. I don't know what i would do without these boards. ;)

Hi everyone! I am going crazy here and I promise i tried to search for an answer before posting, and i'm sure the answer is here somewhere, but it's buried in all the dress code hullabaloo and i'm leaving in 4 days and still have tons to do. So please help.

The cruise is the Century 5 night departing feb 4th to Key West and Grand Cayman.

Here's my dilemma: I have 1 formal outfit, 2 casuals (capri's & tops), and 2 informals (dress, skirt). The problem is, we are going to try to go to Murano's on Wednesday. If that is a casual night then i will need another dress or skirt, or to change my Murano's plans to coincide with an informal night. So, info is what I need. Also, any experience with ability to get Murano's on any given night? Will we have our pick, or just need to take what we can get?

I really wouldn't stress about it, but i'm not the type that has a lot of dressy clothes other than business suit type stuff and if i need another informal outfit then that means shopping. Yuck.

Thanks for your help. And thanks to the people who post here all the time. I don't know what i would do without these boards. ;)

I am going a couple of weeks after you. I hope you post a review (or some comments right away) when you return.

Anyway, there were posts here that the 2nd night is formal and the 3rd night is informal. I think you are fine already. On most cruises the first and last nights are the casuals.

I was on Century in January and ate in Murano's 2 nights. The dress code there is the same as the rest of the ship on that night. I wore casual both nights and it was fine. Of course you can dress up more if you like, the setting certainly warrants it.

Andy

Hi, after sailing on CENTURY last month I thought I would offer

some thoughts.

My cruise was only 4 nights. Our 1st night was casual, 2nd

formal, 3rd informal and last casual.

OK....it used to be the Specialty Restaurants were all

dressy. Then I sailed Millennium in Dec 2006 and distinctly

remember the dress code had changed. Even the waiters

thought it was a bit odd. They made it to where the Specialty

Restaurant matched the regular dining room.

So, if it was casual night in the main, it was casual in

OceanLiners.

Anyway, I don't know if Murano's has the same thing or not.

I enjoy dressing for dinner. But I did see very casual clothing

by others (It is a small restaurant so its easy to see everyone).

I wore a black skirt that falls below the knee with a pretty

silver top, black heels (nicer sandals). I ate there on the one

informal night. I would have worn that same outfit on a casual

or informal night to the main dining room as well. (that is just me).

I did notice quite a few folks in casual attire......not sure

if the Maitr'ds have been told there is not a dress code in there

anymore or not.

When I say casual, shirt tail out and kahkis.....not sure if

the guys on here consider that casual or not?

Thanks for your help everyone! I am definitely going to plan on dressing up for Murano's. Even if it's not required (though Celebrity's site says it is) I just would not feel right eating such fancy food in capri pants. Takes half the fun out of it. It looks like i just have to make sure I get reservations on any but the first or last nights and I won't need another skirt.

close your eyes.......imagine eating at a restaurant where only the rich and famous eat.....imagine being there.......

Thats Muranos.

After the food and service we recieved I felt we should have been in White tie formal. It was better than any New York hotspot or landmark I had ever been to. It was above Charlie Trotters in Chicago as far as I'm concerned. Its not a step up...its an experience...

Dave:eek:

Archived