Amadeus waterways hotel in Prague(Hilton old town)

laminar

Any body had purchased the pre cruise package in Prague from Amadeus Waterways?

I was wondering how is the hotel? They said that breakfast is included. But they could not tell me if it was buffet or continental.

I am just trying to decide if i pay the $1,200 for the package. Not sure if it is worth it!

Any advise??

Thanks

The Prague hotel that Amadeus Waterways put us up in was The President. It was comfortable, clean, and the room was large. The location was walking distance to many sights. Breakfast was buffet and it was good. It didn't cost $1200...it was much less than that, but that might have been winter rates. The nice thing was that everything was taken care of.

We loved Prague!

We have traveled to Prague with Amadeus and the breakfast is included in your hotel cost. Breakfast is marvelous. They serve anything and every thing to hot and cold cereal. pancakes, omlets, eggs any style. many kinds of juices, fresh fruits , lots of different breads and sweet rolls, cold meats, hot meats, flavored coffee, cold drinks, you name it and they have it. You can eat enough and not have to worry about lunch. We always take a bottle of water along on tour. We usually spend a few extra days in Prague and stay at the hotel they provide for us as it would be a hastle to move luggage around. The hotel is in the heart of town and just down from the train station. There is always an Amadeus host in the lobby to answer questions and that is where you will be picked up for your tours. They offer extra trips in Prague and all are worth the extra. Be sure to take the optional tour to Terezin -A holding camp for the Jews. You will not forget this tour. We also take the folklore and dinner tour. Here you will meet fellow passengers, the food is a typical Czech dinner with entertainment. Ask at the desk for other places to eat. Good places to shop is BLUE stores that have Czech made items for sale. They can be found in the hotel and in town. When are you going with Amadeus? We are planning to go in May and again in late November to the Christmas markets. If you have any questions please ask.

kite200@yahoo.com

We have had a reservation for an August cruise since June. In September I asked my TA which hotel was being used by Amadeus and she said they had told her The President. I hope it is, because I would hate to have to move to another hotel after two nights at The President. Two nights in a deluxe room cost us $448 through hotels.com.

Kite, did you stay at the President or the Hilton? And, other than the folklore and dinner tour, did you make tour reservations through the hotel or Amadeus?

Bill

Bill, I do not remember what hotel we stayed in ,in Prague, I do know that it was not the President. The first time we stayed in one hotel and the next time we stayed in a hotel across the street. Both hotels are owned by the same company. Marriott chain?????

We did take the Terezin side trip which was well worth the money and something you won't forget.

We will again be in Prague on May 23 and have scheduled a side tour to Kutna Hora, which is about 30 miles from Prague. Google Kutna Hora and you will gat the details. It is good half day trip. The tour was thru Amadeus.

When will you be sailing with Amadeus?

Hi Kite,

We will be arriving in Prague August 13, joining the cruisetour Aug 15, spending another 2 nights in Prague with them. We then bus to Nuremberg where we cruise down the Rhine and up the Mosel through Bamberg, Wurzburg, Miltenberg, Rudesheim, Rhine Gorge, Koblenz, Cochem, Bernkastel, and disembark in Trier. We then bus through Luxembourg to Paris where we spend 3 nights, ending on Aug 27.

If we have to switch hotels in Prague, it won't be the end of the world; but it will be less convenient.

Bill

Kite

on our two cruises with Amadeus that included Prague we always stayed at the Renaissance hotel and we never had to change hotels.

We did all the offered excursions, but I never heard of one offered to Kutna Hora. Is this new on the Amadeus program and what is there to see in Kutna Hora ???

HI Bill

We took this cruise in reverse last spring. You will love it! You will probably be staying at the Sofitel Bercy in Paris. It is not in the center of Paris but the metro is only a 5 minute walk. In April we are taking the Provence/Spain trip which begins in Paris and ends in Barcelona.

Lorraine

Tban,

Since 1995 Kutná Hora’s city center has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site. I googled Kutná Hora and then went to Wikipedia. St. Barbara Church and the Sedlec Ossuary in particular look interesting. If we have time, we may go there. This is our first visit to Prague and we want to make sure we see the notable places in that city. That reminds me that I want to start looking for a tour book on Prague. We have two days there before the Amadeus tour starts.

Bill

Bill,

thanks for the info. I just looked it up on Wikipedia and this town seems to be really interesting. We also spent two extra nights in Prague before our cruise program started and did a day excursion to Cesky Krumlov, which is another littel gem and worthwhile a visit. It is however a long day.

tban

Archived