Be onboard 1 hour before departure

DAllenTCY

Our papers show that we should board at least 2.5 hours before sailaway time. This is for an INTERNATIONAL travel/security check so I would think that a 1 hour for domestic sailings would be standard. (We are sailing out of Rio).:)

I haven't received anything from HAL, but we're traveling on RCL in October of this year. I received an email from them that said

All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no

later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will

not be permitted to sail.

It said this is to give the ship personnal time to submit the manifest 60 minutes prior to departure.

I don't know if it differs by cruise line.

This is going to be very interesting when a Hal sponsored flight is delayed, and the bus comes roaring up to the ship 1/2 hour before sailing. I guess we can expect some late sailings to accommodate the 1 hour rule.....or will they leave them on the dock? Will be a lot of strife over this one I bet. Let's wait and see how it plays out.

If that is to be the case, then I'm guessing more people will be getting to the port a day prior to embarkation -- which I think is a good idea anyway. (I know not everyone feels they can, but it might become a make-or-break deal.)

Yes, one hour minimum prior to sailing.......But I would never cut it that close...we always board at 2:00 pm at the latest.....gotta get that Lido Shuffle going. And you never know if the plane will land late, if there will be a traffic jam etc.....so we make sure we arrive early. So the one hour thing will not effect most people anyway....:) Jer the Bear

I believe that I read that starting tomorrow, you must be onboard 1 hour or more before departure.

Can anyone confirm?

D.A.

According to industry press the requirement does not start until 18 Feb 08. However HAL are already asking you to be at the pier by 90 minutes prior to departure or you risk being left behind even if the ship is still in port. Whilst the news says it applies to ships operating from US ports I have not found whether they mean just home ports or way ports such as St.Thomas as well.

What does start tomorrow is that US citizens will need no longer be able to orally declare their citizenship when returning to the US. If you do not have a passport then you must provide documented proof of your citizenship along with your photo identification.

The following is from the HAL website:

For your convenience, and to expedite your embarkation, we encourage all our guests to check-in online. Please try to submit these forms 30 days prior to your departure.

New U.S. government security regulations require us to submit certain guest information to law enforcement authorities at least 60 minutes prior to departure. To meet this requirement, we must have the necessary information in our records at least 90 minutes before departure. If we do not have your information by this deadline, you will be unable to sail. Guests are urged to complete the Online Check-in process before leaving home. Guests who wait to check in at the terminal risk being unable to sail even if they arrive at the terminal before the vessel leaves. You will be responsible for all costs you incur to join the vessel at the next port.

B

I've been in the situation where our HAL sponsored flight was delayed and we landed in Tampa at 5:00 when the ship sailed at 5:30. They held the ship for us and rushed us through check-in. We sailed about 30 minutes after we boarded.

I've been in the situation where our HAL sponsored flight was delayed and we landed in Tampa at 5:00 when the ship sailed at 5:30. They held the ship for us and rushed us through check-in. We sailed about 30 minutes after we boarded.

In this instance, under the new regulations, will passengers be required to join the ship at the next port if they have not checked-in online?

B

Archived