Hyatt Place vs. Ct.Yard Ft.Laud. Beach

dolanjames

The courtyard is across the street from the beach........the HP you would need to hop the sun trolley.

www.suntrolley.com

i stayed at the CY....it was nice....i had some issues with cleanliness and hotel staff...BUT in defense of the hotel, the GM DID contact me and gave me marriott bonus points, and another manager gave back the points i spent to stay there.....(full disclosure...i used to work for marriott-i was a housekeeping manager...thus, i am pickier than most! i also am a platinum premier with them and expect to be recognized as such!)

parking at the HP MAY be free---not sure...parking at the CY is 26 bucks a day, valet only. if you want to go to a mall or something, you'd need a car (or the public bus)....otherwise you can walk or take the sun trolley. (You can't walk to the beach from the HP!)

the Hyattplace is closer to a supermarket, liquor store, pharmacies and more reasonably priced restaurants. The courtyard is across from the beach, atop a Bubba Gumps (we did takeout!) and near palces to eat, but, IMHO you are paying a little more because you are next to the beach!

Hyatt Places look EXACTLY like their website...the courtyard still only has sketches on marriott's site....(unless that has changed!)

i have some pix....if you email me, i can try to send them to you (of the CY)....i tried putting them on webshots, but i have dialup at home!

megtravels at yahoo dot com

hth

• 2 weeks later...

With teens, the area around the Courtyard offers more things to do to keep them occupied. The Hyatt Place location is great for a night, it's located next to a shopping center, conveniant to pick up those last minute items before your cruise. The Courtyard though is a short walk to the beach, that's where you want to be and that's where your kids will want to be in December. (that's where everyones gonna be);)

Staying at the CY Marriott both pre and post, 29 Feb. and 8 Mar. with two teens. They are already pumped about being across the street from the beach AND having dinner at Bubba Gumps.

I'll post a review and tell you how it goes with teens, mine are 15 and 17.

I always stay at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper, it is right beside the Marriott and the only 2 hotels right on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale. I love this hotel, they have a great grill lunch right on the beach. Walking distance to shopping, and many restaurants. You do not need to rent a car. A1A and Los Olas Blvd are very walkable and fun. I love Ft. Lauderdale.

Archived