$1 image stablizer - what do you think Dave?

Deaf Dude

:D LOL!:D

What's old becomes new!

My 10th grade Photography Club advisor showed us that!

Do you think we'll be seing a bunch of photogs on the sidelines at the Super Bowl with a string and a screw attached to their $12k camera/lens setups?

Thanks for tweaking an old memory!

Dave

What's old becomes new!

Do you think we'll be seing a bunch of photogs on the sidelines at the Super Bowl with a string and a screw attached to their $12k camera/lens setups?

Dave

Thanks goodness he was using what appeared to be a cannon in that demo. For some reason I don't think we will see to many of those with the big white Cannon lens at the Super Bowl.

What's old becomes new!

Dave

It does look like it would be good for use on a cruise. It would be alot easier to carry around than a tripod.

It does look like it would be good for use on a cruise. It would be alot easier to carry around than a tripod.

No kidding! even my little travel tripod becomes inconvenient by about 7:00 AM when the walking/jogging migration begins to peak. It would also be good on an excursion since there are almost always crowds.

Dave

If you are really worried about camera shake and you don't have a lense or camera that has Image Stabilization, then just be sure to select the highest shutter speed you can. If you have to adjust your ISO upwards to do so, the noise induced by the higher ISO is much easier to deal with than the Out Of Focus (OOF) picture you will get without pushing the ISO and using a lower shutter speed.

If you are really worried about camera shake and you don't have a lense or camera that has Image Stabilization, then just be sure to select the highest shutter speed you can. If you have to adjust your ISO upwards to do so, the noise induced by the higher ISO is much easier to deal with than the Out Of Focus (OOF) picture you will get without pushing the ISO and using a lower shutter speed.

I shoot with an Alpha 700, a Maxxum 7D and my 24x7 camera is a Canon SD800IS. All stabilized.

I echo your sentiments: Image Stabilization...don't leave home without it!;)

Happy shooting!

Dave

Dave

Archived