Solarium Question???

mems

Has anyone ever seen the solarium roof open????

Now don't laugh, but we have been a many RCI cruise ships but we have never seen that roof open. Maybe we were having a good time and never noticed. My question is....do they ever open the roof over the solarium pool?

Has anyone ever seen the solarium roof open????

Now don't laugh, but we have been a many RCI cruise ships but we have never seen that roof open. Maybe we were having a good time and never noticed. My question is....do they ever open the roof over the solarium pool?

Nothing to laugh about your question!

It´s me too. I never saw it open either on any of my cruises.

On the 8/29 Mariner sailing, the roof was always open over the solarium. I never saw it closed. You could walk around on the deck above and look over into the solarium.

This would have been a real interesting post if you had actually seen the roof closed.

Had the pleasure of dining at the staff captain's table for the week on our last Rhapsody cruise. One of the ladies at the table asked the same question. He told us "just call" - we tried it (the other ladies at our table) each morning around 10:00 a.m. and with 15 minutes it was open. Staff captain stressed - you just have to ask. It was closed overnight, and if no one asked they didn't bother to open it each day. Assume that weather conditions would enter in to the picture - it was hot, sunny and no rain each day of our cruise. We had no problems calling and asking to have it opened.

This is really interesting to know! What if you have someone that wants it opened and others that want it closed? :D

Soory lovingmom - I got a really good laugh out of your post.:) We didn't have a cover at all when I was on the Mariner in July. I never could understand why it was called the solarium.:confused:

We've sailed the Legend twice, once thru the Panama Canal and once to Hawaii and the roof was never opened either time. I hear they open the roof on the Enchantment. Will let you know in 3 weeks! :)

I'm going to be on Enchantment 10/25 - 10/30 and was planning on parking my tukus at the Solarium away from the "singing" of all the little "angels" that may be on board - Enjoy your trip and don't forget to let us know if they open or not - Thanks!!!

Archived