Completely Depressed & Frustrated...HELP!

Brenda33

Hi for weight loss our cruise in May 09 is my goal ive lost 60 pds so far 40 more to lose by then ive been on every diet you can think of.... Ive done so well on weight watchers ive only been on it less than a yr. I have always been height to weight up to my early 30's but after that was lose 70 gain it back . This time i have a little graddaughter i want to never see me at this weight, and ive been remarried to a wonderful man of 3 yrs, i promised him id lose this weight for him me and our graddaughter, he said in return id get to go on my first cruise !!! ive also cut out diet cokes after 20 some yrs ( yep cold turkey!) i drink crystal light ice tea, some thing about diet cokes made me more hungry <shrug> good luck just my 2 cents :D

Smooth,

You really gave me something to think about. At this point I don't think that I am "too thin" so I would be happy still losing weight. I am still setting small goals. At 119 I am reaching for 115. I think I don't have to stop losing weight until at least 110. But, honestly, I don't know until I see how I look at each new weight. Also, I want to add that if my body shuts down and I have to stay at this weight, I can accept that too. I am just reaching for my personal ultimate weight.

It is so true that a great part of this is the compliments, etc. I mean who wouldn't love all the attention? But, you are right, its going to stop......when I stay a certain way noone will notice anymore. At this point it will have to be all about me having pride in myself to respect my body for losing the weight and maintain that weight.....more like self reward.

I know I can't go back to my old ways, but it is nice to know that I can eat at a bbq and enjoy without worrying because I know the next day I am right back to my routine.

Brenda, when you check the height/weight ratios, what are you supposed to weigh?

I agree with Smooth. Lots of people get so obsessed with being a certain weight, etc. it can literally kill them.

Like the trainer once said, if you think of yourself as a big fat ugly pig, no matter how much you lose you'll always think you weigh that much.

Smooth,

You really gave me something to think about. At this point I don't think that I am "too thin" so I would be happy still losing weight. I am still setting small goals. At 119 I am reaching for 115. I think I don't have to stop losing weight until at least 110. But, honestly, I don't know until I see how I look at each new weight. Also, I want to add that if my body shuts down and I have to stay at this weight, I can accept that too. I am just reaching for my personal ultimate weight.

It is so true that a great part of this is the compliments, etc. I mean who wouldn't love all the attention? But, you are right, its going to stop......when I stay a certain way noone will notice anymore. At this point it will have to be all about me having pride in myself to respect my body for losing the weight and maintain that weight.....more like self reward.

I know I can't go back to my old ways, but it is nice to know that I can eat at a bbq and enjoy without worrying because I know the next day I am right back to my routine.

that if my body shuts down and I have to stay at this weight, I can accept that too. I am just reaching for my personal ultimate weight.

Now if THAT happens, you won't have to worry about what to eat!! ;)

You need to make sure you don't get to a point where you are obsessively losing...I don't think you are, but I just thought it was worth mentioning. Sometimes people get on that merry-go-round and can't get off. And that is where anorexia is born. Maintaining is definitely something that will be a way of life for you now. You seem to have developed much healthier behavior, so hopefully you've moved past the hardest part.

Iknow I can't go back to my old ways, but it is nice to know that I can eat at a bbq and enjoy without worrying because I know the next day I am right back to my routine.

It is often easy to say this...but just know that you can easily be faced with several events within a short period of time...every day being hit with unusually tempting and unhealthy food choices. So I do suggest that you keep that in mind...jumping off the wagon and then back on, does not work for many people as the 10 jumps off are so much easier than the 10 jumps back on. ;)

It is often easy to say this...but just know that you can easily be faced with several events within a short period of time...every day being hit with unusually tempting and unhealthy food choices. So I do suggest that you keep that in mind...jumping off the wagon and then back on, does not work for many people as the 10 jumps off are so much easier than the 10 jumps back on. ;)

I hear ya. Last weekend I "pigged" 2 days in a row instead of just one. This is why I ate salad for 3 days and stayed out of McDonalds. I couldn't have 3 in a row. I refused to sabotage myself.

Yea.... The reason why I dont use the quote button because mine comes out like yours. Maybe we will both get the answer.

But Brenda let me clarify, I did not mean to suggest that you will not know when to stop loosing weight. I just put it out there for you so that when the time comes you will be equipped to handle some new emotions.

What I did ... My goal was actually 120 and I brought myself down to 115 so I have these 5 pounds to play with. When I see myself climbing toward the 120 mark I know it is time to reel it in a bit, and adjust. This has worked for me so I dont flip out when I gain a few pounds... Makes me sane!!

Yea.... The reason why I dont use the quote button because mine comes out like yours. Maybe we will both get the answer.

If you use the quote button you have to be sure not to type over the

at the beginning and the
at the end. All the characters must be there.

Hi ladies. Congrats Brenda. Has your husband come around and admitted that you look hot with your new thin physique?

I've put on abour 3 pounds over the past couple of weeks:mad:. I broke two toes 5 weeks ago (I fell when I was chasing after my sister's dog that got out of the house), and it was sooo painful to wear a shoe. I'm OK now, and I was able to work out the other day no problems...last two nights I've been stuck at work late. After tomorrow's meeting I should be able to get back to business.

Hi Leslie,

Ouch broken toes!! I hope you feel better soon. Try not to worry about the 3 pounds too much.....you are probably the only one who notices this amount.

Smooth, I hear ya......I want to lose another few pounds for that cushion. I mean I am going away in July to the Wildwood boardwalk.....last time I checked it was ALL bad for ya!!!

M....I don't know what I am supposed to weigh....I am 5'3".

I think this is what everyone is talking about when they say "yo yo" dieting..not eating the healthy stuff consistently..I know you are doing this but really, McDonalds in 2 days? Did it really taste THAT good that it was worth eating their 2 days in a row or was it because it was convenient and you had no other options? Big red flag! To me this is a very bad sign, IMO. Were you really hungry, or just eating socially? What did you eat there??

I asked this before..what do the height/weight charts suggest is a normal weight range for you??

I hear ya. Last weekend I "pigged" 2 days in a row instead of just one. This is why I ate salad for 3 days and stayed out of McDonalds. I couldn't have 3 in a row. I refused to sabotage myself.

oops..sorry. I think they go by BMI anyway so if you are in the middle of your range then that's good. As long as you are healthy and content no matter what weight you are then that's the main thing. You can't beat yourself up if you go up a pound or two.

Oh, and earlier today I answered that I didn't know what my height/weight thingy was. I looked it up since then.....there are a million different charts....so I can be anywhere between 107 and 141.

Ok, don't get so jumpy missy ! :) I misunderstood.

M....I DID NOT have ANY McDonalds. I had my normal Saturday night dinner and then had a bbq on Sunday!! I stayed out of McDonalds on Monday when invited. I meant 2 days of other foods....NOT McDonalds.

LOL, M!

Well you know I use thoes charts as a bench mark but not gospel. You cannot tell from my pictues as I pick my gowns carefully but I am very larged boned... You would not beleive the size of my ribs.... So I need to take that into account when I look at these charts... I have also learned a lot from Happy that % of body fat is important too.... She is a good source of information, and maybe will chime in here...

One of the reasons I like this thread... We have M who takes the no bull%$$%approach and helps us to be responsbile for our own actions, happy was the one, who probably did not even know it, helped me to realize I could push myself harder at the gym, and I can go on and on about the contributions everyone else has made... For me, this thread has helped me to grow, cool!

Thanks, Smooth..I'm really not a monster..LOL..I just like to keep it simple.

I like this thread for alot of reasons, I learn a lot from everyone and it's a learning experience seeing how everyone has a different take on how to diet, etc.

I did very welll on my "brazilian bikini program" food plan, all the extra planning for the meals helped and it reminded me of how good some of the native foods are. This week I get to eat "gnochhi" (Italian type pasta that's on the plan) and pork loin, and palm heart pie (you guys gotta try the palm hearts). I dropped a couple pounds. If I could lose 20 I'd be happy but I'll settle for 10.

LOL, M!

Well you know I use thoes charts as a bench mark but not gospel. You cannot tell from my pictues as I pick my gowns carefully but I am very larged boned... You would not beleive the size of my ribs.... So I need to take that into account when I look at these charts... I have also learned a lot from Happy that % of body fat is important too.... She is a good source of information, and maybe will chime in here...

One of the reasons I like this thread... We have M who takes the no bull%$$%approach and helps us to be responsbile for our own actions, happy was the one, who probably did not even know it, helped me to realize I could push myself harder at the gym, and I can go on and on about the contributions everyone else has made... For me, this thread has helped me to grow, cool!

Brenda, how do you normally eat it?? I am making an argula sauce for it with nuts.

Hi all.....I agree this thread has helped me with all my success also.

Gnocchi, is actually made from potato instead of pasta......but oh so yummy.

Brenda, how do you normally eat it?? I am making an argula sauce for it with nuts.

Hi all.....I agree this thread has helped me with all my success also.

Gnocchi, is actually made from potato instead of pasta......but oh so yummy.

The main ingreident in Gnocchi is potato but also includes farina, or flour as used in any other pasta; otherwise you would end up with potato pancakes!! It does make for a heavy pasta, but heavenly.

I actually prefer it as an appetizer over a main meal because you have the tendency to eat too much. It is heavy and you will end up feeling crummy if you eat to much. I prefer it with a light crushed tomato sause or a light pesto sause is also good.

On special occasions, usually holidays, my husand will make Gnocchi from stratch, so good!!

Sounds like everyone is doing great. I've been swamped!

Still working on my trip...my B&B in Paris failed to confirm my reservations so I had to dash about for a few days and find another room. Bought train tickets, so now I just have a couple more things to take care of - car rental and the tour in Normandy. Then I can seriously work on my packing list! :p

Also trying to finish the bathroom "redo" that I started LAST JULY. :eek: We got the tile down last weekend, gonna do grout this week, hopefully. AND I have a new garbage disposal I need to get installed - my old one sprung a leak.

AND...I put up a fence around my garden. I have a wascally wabbit that found all my veggies the very first night after I planted them, and ate fully half of the plants to the ground. :mad: So I replaced the veggies...and put up a small fence last week. So far he seems to have been outwitted. I took the darn bb gun after him last week...but as big as he is (and he is a MONSTER rabbit) he just looked at me and I swear he was thinkin' - "You talkin' ta me???". Darn pesky thing. I've always had bunnies around...but never before did they attack my garden. I think our peaceful co-existence has come to an end. :cool:

On the weight loss front, I've not made it under 140 yet darn it. I get so close...but I just can't quite get there. Not giving up tho...I just need to buckle down! I did miss a couple of workouts due to my BF being back home...but I'm back on schedule. We are going bike riding tomorrow - so should be fun!!

LOL, M!

I think one of the most incredible things that I have learned, since getting fit, is what our bodies are capable of. It's just amazing to me, at my age, what I can do. I think we have this lousy culture here that people just expect to grow older and get fat and have health issues. To be expected...oh well. :rolleyes: So not true. It's hard to get people to understand, until they've pushed themselves, how much control we really do have over our health. Yes, some conditions are obviously out of our control, but basic fitness is core to good overall health. So many health problems will disappear once you get back in good shape...I wish they would publicize that fact more. Might get people moving in the right direction a little quicker!!

M.....I don't have gnocchi all that often because well I consider it not that good for you. Your way sounds yummy. My husband chooses it almost every week when we go to dinner....but with a different sauce all the time. His favorite is the pesto....last night he had vodka sauce. I like it best with some type of red sauce.....but its been a LONG time for me.

Happy,

I was one of those people who believed that because of my age I was just going to have to settle with being fat. When I first started all this I never dreamed I would be where I am. I actually enjoy looking at myself in the mirror!! I now want to be one of those women who say that I look better now than ever in my life......I'm gonna keep using my weights, etc. and making me as sexy as I can possibly be!!!

I only have tomato plants, but we had a problem with rabbits here too. They only seem to bother the plants in the beginning stages (or that is only when it matters most). Every year I would plant the tomatoes and then boom, they were eaten immediately and I had to buy new ones. So, my husband took this soft plastic wire looking netting stuff that we got at Walmart in a roll and he wrapped the traditional tomato cages (including the top) with the stuff...basically sewed it on......and now the tomatoes are completely safe until they reach the tops of each cage. After that I don't really have too much trouble.

Archived