Laundry room /ironing Freedom of the Seas

There is no self service laundry im afraid. You can send stuff to be pressed but we never bothered and never had any problems with creases. For straight forward ironing i think it averaged about a $1 an item, jackets and stuff were a bit more. It is on the site somewhere in more detail :D

Hi, I've checked the deck plans but cant see if there is an ironing room or laundry onboard the Freedom of the Seas. We arent allowed to take irons on board so Im assuming there is an ironing board somewhere

thanks

First of all, Monkeygirl, welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

No Royal Caribbean ship has a self-service laundry room on board.

Normally, I would happily post the specific information for you, but for some reason, my internet is running obscenely slowly tonight. (I feel like prying off the back of the computer to see if there's a dead rat in there! Actually, I think that Verizon is messing with the lines again. :mad: )

If you go to the Royal Caribbean website, http://www.rccl.com, and click on Customer Support ---> Frequently Asked Questions---> Onboard Extras, you will see the entire price list for washing, dry cleaning, and press only.

We have found that by packing outfits in separate dry cleaner bags that our clothes aren't wrinkled and we don't have to get them ironed when onboard. We put the clothes/bags on hangers which also makes for easy unpacking.

The prices for pressing though are very reasonable if you should have to get something pressed. I don't think anyone ever notices wrinkles in clothes because within a few minutes of wearing them, most are somewhat wrinkled with the heat and humidity.

Enjoy your cruise.

Here is the list for all the laundry prices, the dry cleaning is the second half and note the pressing is 1/2 of the dry cleaning prices

: Are laundry services provided?

A: Self-service laundry facilities are not provided onboard our ships, but we do offer full laundry and dry cleaning services. We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN

Shirt/T-Shirt: $2.50 Blouse: $3.50

Shirt (dress): $3.00 Dress (wash): $5.00

Underwear: $1.20 Skirt: $3.50

Jeans: $3.00 Nightgown: $3.00

Pajamas: $4.00 Swimsuit: $2.00

Handkerchif: $0.75 Slip: $2.50

Shorts: $2.50 Housecoat: $3.50

Bathrobe: $3.50 Hosiery: $3.50

Pants (wash): $3.50 Slacks: $3.50

Sweatshirt: $3.00

Socks: $1.00

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES * All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

Dry Cleaning.

MEN WOMAN

Suit: $7.00 Evening Gown: $8.00

Pants: $4.25 Dress $7.00

Jacket: $4.50 Silk Blouse: $5:00

Sweater: $4.00 Silk Dress: $8.00

Coat: $7.00 Skirt $4.50

Tie: $2.00 Suit: $7.50

Shirt: $3.50 Blouse: $4.00

Shorts: $3.00 Scarf: $2.50

Vest $2.50

Silk Pajamas: $4.50