aft cabins - Musica or Posiea

cathy cruisin

Cathy,

I can't help with your question, since I have never sailed MSC. We are booked on the POESIA's maiden voyage on 4/6/08. I'm trying to find out if I will need an adapter for the electrical sockets on MSC for American appliances (hair dryer, curling iron, shaver). I've searched the threads, but cannot find the answer. Do you have any knowledge in that area?

Thanks!

Jo in USA:)

Hi, Sorry can't help you with that question. Have not been able to find out much about Poesia. I'm booked for the Venice R/T on May 17th for one week. I am sure that I have read that there are hairdryers in room - but nothing about need for adapters. I booked an Aft cabin off the back, had such a positive experience on other cruises with the larger balcony, no wind and great views. Hopefully this will be the same for this cruise. Do you what is considered the Sister ship, is it the Orchestra? have great trip!!! please review!!!!

Hi,

I have read in a post (MSC ORCHESTRA) that the cabins had outlets for both american and europeen appliances.

The unofficial guide to cruises (10th edition) says Electrical outlets 110/220 AC; adapters available on board...

And you are right about hair dryer. It comes with the room.

I am booked on the Poesia for may 24th. departure from Venice.

First ever cruise.

Anyone every been on one of the afts right at the back, cat. 7 on Mucica? Just curious about back of ship, can't see a good picture. Thanks for any advise

we returned from musica recently, rear cabins are good size and well decorated,some noise from engines when docking etc

see my musica report on this page

regards

Hi again,

Henri: Thanks for the electrical info. That answers one of my many questions about visiting a different country. What a wonderful "first" cruise!! You will just love the beautiful ship. Although I have not been on the POESIA, the ships I have been on are very classy. I'm expecting a great experience on this Italian ship. We are firm believers that cruisin' is the way to vacation!!!

I will try to post a review when we return at the end of April.

Jo

We just booked a cabin in the back of the Orchestra for next year. We've had good luck with this type room before on Celebrity. Usually the room is a bit larger and the veranda is too. I love the idea of a view no matter where we are...it always seemed that the interesting view was on the other side of the ship when we weren't in the back.:rolleyes:

Hi Jo,

I haven't post very often. Please be welcome to give me your impression on MSC Poesia.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nervous. Everything seems to be going a bit of the track with this reservation. If I was on my own I would't worry but I am going with my 79th years old mom and there was no room left in the charter bus to the airport at the end of the trip.

We have about 3 hours from arriving in Venice to make it to our plane.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick reply to your concern for outlets. There are no outletsin the baths, however the mirrored desk area has both European and American outlets. The bath is equipped with a hairdryer, so that may be one less item you will need to pack. cookee cruiser

Hi Jo,

We have about 3 hours from arriving in Venice to make it to our plane.

We are in exactly the same position for our cruise on Poesia in the Summer. I haven't sorted anything yet, but I bookmarked this site sometime ago with the idea of booking a taxi nearer the time. Don't know if it's any help to you.

http://www.lowcostaxi.net/

I'd be interested to know how you get on whichever method you chose. :)

Hi Sparky,

I will let you know for sure if we make it to the airport on time. Lady at the travel agency told us to to ask for an early departure from the boat. I will try to have a voucher for the trip back anyway. (there was none left when we reserve)

But anyway, It is no dead treath if we miss the plane back home. (I am trying to convince myself here)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We had an Aft cabin on the Musica & really loved it, I believe that's what got us to choose Afts when they are available. The balcony was not any larger compared to other balcony cabins (like on the Explorer) but the best thing was to sit on the balcony when you leave port and have the entire view to see & this in the privacy of your own surroundings sipping a cold drink. The interior is exactly the same so other then the view no real advantage.

Disadvantage of course is the distance to things that are located forward, the Musica being a rather large ship, you then end up walking quite a bit. At times, I guess it depended on the wind, we had some black dots on the towels we left on the chair from the smoke chiminey, but not enough to really disturb...but perhaps enough not to leave those white pants drying on the chair,

Yes I would do it again, if an aft is available it is definitely my choice.

The other fun thing is that when you are parked at port & there is another ship lined up to the back of you, you have the most amazing view of perhaps the next ship to try out.

Hope this helps...

• 5 months later...

Hi, I'm sailing on the Musica with my 2 children on June 28th out of Venice. I just got placed in cabin 9221 on the back of the ship. I've love to hear how it was as I'm wait-listed for a Cat. 11 quad. (I had originally booked a quad Cat. 11 but they messed up and booked it as a triple and then had to move me down to a Cat. 9). Those cabins look interesting but I can't find any pictures - wondering if the view is obstructed - it's hard to tell from the pictures ?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived