HELP- RCL changed confirmed air

jhillm

What can I do? I paid for air deviation, and RCL changed those flights!

On Dec 6 I booked the Legend for March 30. Opted for the air/sea add on AND paid the air deviation to choose my flights. Before cruise flight from IAH to Santo Domingo the day before departure (learned the hard way). The air/sea option from IAH shows an included overnight in Santo Domingo. So everything is fine, right? Final payment comes and goes, credit card is charged. I have Royal Caribbean invoice showing precruise overnight in Santo Domingo, I have travel agent final payment invoice showing the flights on March 29.

Today, they tell me that I have a 6am flight from Houston on March 30. How am I suppose to use pre cruise hotel on March 29? Not to mention the flight arrives at 2:07, and I have to be onboard by 3:00. They say my travel agent approved the change on Jan 16. She says she did not, and really, why would she? I have a receipt from RCL dated Jan 30, showing precruise hotel on March 29, I have email confirmation from RCL air dept TODAY showing the old flights, yet they say what is on my reservation is the March 30 departure.

RCL custom air and Crown and Anchor both say I have to go through my agent. She says that there is nothing she can do. What can I do??????

Who can I write to at RCL? I have already booked air into Houston to connect with the old Houston flight.....RCL said Dec. 6 they would only do air from their gateways. Now what? I would really appreciate advice. Thanks.

What do you mean the TA says there is nothing she can do????? This is her job--to handle any problems! Go and see that TA and DEMAND that rectify this or at least, make arrangements that flow a bit better!

RCI is right about not being able to help you--once you go the TA route,, they won't talk to you--the reservation is for the TA!

Get your TA to talk to the AIR/SEA Supervisor.

The same thing happened to me with CEL.

They finally refunded the air, threw in the transfers for free and I was able to book the exact same flights myself.

Cruisingly Yours

I really appreciate you all jumping in. I just don't know what to do when the agent runs into a brick wall. I am sending an email to the agent now, asking firmly that she escalate this to a satisfactory conclusion. If the flight are sold out, really, what can they do.....but.....

Just sticking it to me is not a option. I will try to be accommodating to new plans but I shouldn't be the only loser in this situation. I vacation often enough that I should be a keeper!

I really appreciate you all jumping in. I just don't know what to do when the agent runs into a brick wall. I am sending an email to the agent now, asking firmly that she escalate this to a satisfactory conclusion. If the flight are sold out, really, what can they do.....but.....

Just sticking it to me is not a option. I will try to be accommodating to new plans but I shouldn't be the only loser in this situation. I vacation often enough that I should be a keeper!

Keep after your TA that is their job!!

Good luck.

###

Is this a local TA or an online one? If it is a local I would go and sit at their desk until they make a satisfactory resolution. Request a 3 way call with RCCL air dept.

If the TA won't help you out, then I would ask for her supervisor, and then the owner. If all that fails, I would dispute the charges for the hotel and air deviation with your credit card company. You are obviously not getting what you paid for so you should have that right, but I wouldn't be satisfied unless you get what you paid for inthe first place.

Don't let the TA get you thinking they can do nothing. It is their job to straighten it out. A little advice, unless the TA is an internet TA that you picked out, and not local, forget sending emails, I would be camped on their doorstep, and in their office until this is resolved. Pls. don't let them give you the sorry, there is nothing I can do routine, as there is usually some kind of solution.

The agency I have booked with is an internet agency, but also located here in Albuquerque (and starts with P). I went with them because they are large and local... specifically to avoid issues like this. I will not let this go.

I still hope that there is a satisfactory resolution to this. I have used this agent before (Oceania, 2006)

This is an 83rd birthday gift for my mother (OK and my 50th, but I'll deny it). I just don't see how RCL can change the rules mid stream.

I can sit on the front stoop. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the support.

The agency I have booked with is an internet agency, but also located here in Albuquerque (and starts with P). I went with them because they are large and local... specifically to avoid issues like this. I will not let this go.

I still hope that there is a satisfactory resolution to this. I have used this agent before (Oceania, 2006)

This is an 83rd birthday gift for my mother (OK and my 50th, but I'll deny it). I just don't see how RCL can change the rules mid stream.

I can sit on the front stoop. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the support.

Still sending positive vibes your way --- and I don't think you can blame RCL for this one, I think it's all on your TA's shoulders.

Happy Birthday wishes to you and your mom :D

###

Archived