Holiday still sick?????

Alan2504

If I had not seen "Bubba Ray" scratch down there, then yes, I would have eaten at the buffett. But I did see so I didn't eat there.

Maybe the food would have been great...or maybe I would have gotten deathly sick...we'll never know. But the issue is this scenario was a "preventable".

Think about it. What kind of person would scratch down there in front of other people and pick up a plate and help himself? An inconsiderate ignorant inbred...thats who. How was he raised?

It would have been useless to have reported him to a ship's officer. If I had done what I wanted to do and thats knock him unconcious with that serving utensil then I would have had to walk the plank probably.

Oh well...for those who don't think its that big of a deal...thats OK. Let me know when you book your next Holiday cruise and I will book one too. Then if I'm in front of you at the buffett line I'll scratch my.....well you know...and make sure I haven't washed that area for 3 days. See how many thinks its no big deal then....:D

P.S. Hey you guys, I gotta go out of town on business so I won't be able to spar with you for a spell. Just so you'll know I'm not throwing in the towel when you Hillbillies call me bad names.:D

Bye ya'll and keep your hands outta your pants at the buffett line!:D

If I had not seen "Bubba Ray" scratch down there, then yes, I would have eaten at the buffett. But I did see so I didn't eat there.

Maybe the food would have been great...or maybe I would have gotten deathly sick...we'll never know. But the issue is this scenario was a "preventable".

Think about it. What kind of person would scratch down there in front of other people and pick up a plate and help himself? An inconsiderate ignorant inbred...thats who. How was he raised?

It would have been useless to have reported him to a ship's officer. If I had done what I wanted to do and thats knock him unconcious with that serving utensil then I would have had to walk the plank probably.

Oh well...for those who don't think its that big of a deal...thats OK. Let me know when you book your next Holiday cruise and I will book one too. Then if I'm in front of you at the buffett line I'll scratch my.....well you know...and make sure I haven't washed that area for 3 days. See how many thinks its no big deal then....:D

P.S. Hey you guys, I gotta go out of town on business so I won't be able to spar with you for a spell. Just so you'll know I'm not throwing in the towel when you Hillbillies call me bad names.:D

Bye ya'll and keep your hands outta your pants at the buffett line!:D

I say Carnival should hire a squad of Donna Reeds...they can wear little cotton dresses, with full skirts and starched white aprons....carry Lysol spray and Clorox water around and continuously spray down everything. Of course the mashed potatoes and gravy might taste a bit off but they'll be sanitized!!!

I know I'm a smartazz but sometimes common sense needs to take over. It doesn't matter where the buffet is, it is very hard to keep them sanitary and germ free. Unfortunately those are the risks we take whenever we venture outside our oh so sterile homes. Bring some sanitzer wipes or spray for your bathroom and use it whenever possible, perhaps consider eating all meals in the dining room or go to those areas of the buffet where your food is made to order . However, no matter what one does most viruses and "bugs" are airborne and we cannot possibly avoid all of them. So cruise, dance, live and always keep the Pepto and Imodium close at hand!!!

Another reason to stay away from ALL buffets is that almost all of the food contains a higher degree of MSG to keep it "fresh" looking, and I (for one) get horrible migraine headaches from the stuff....which includes nausea. Of course that makes me wonder if some of the norovirus diagnosis are in fact just reactions to MSG?

I don't see MSG as a reason to avoid food. For most people it's harmless. I've heard that some people are sensative to it, but from what I understand those people are rare.

• 1 month later...
This thread really lends credence to my previous posts concerning the Holiday.

As I have said previously here at C.C. I have seen first hand the nastiness of a great deal of Holiday passengers

You are one of the most negative posters I have read on these boards. Why don't you get over it already? I know someone that sounds like the guy you are describing and he will only cruise on RCCL, so RCCL has passengers like that too. Try a bigger ship and a longer cruise and then spew forth your negativity. Dang, I tried brussel sprouts once and got sick, but I didn't give up vegetables. I would prefer to look at the glass as half full as opposed to your view as half empty.

I would like to see Carnival have more hand sanitizers... and a few more little reminders to always wash your hands wouldn't hurt. :) It is easy to get comfortable and forget that you have to be more vigilent than in your own home.

flavor enhancer aditive..sulphites are added to salad bar items etc to preserve freshness..MSG, typical in Chinese fare, Oreo cookies, , most grocery items. Sulphites do not mix well with diabetes, and other constant maladies, and may cause breathing probs as well as other complications..

The people who don't wash their hands don't need a reminder, it's not something I think you just "forget". Hand Sanitizer, as stated by numerous posters, provides a false sense of security. People think they just have to squirt sanitizer and NOT wash their hands, therefore causing more harm than good.

I've been on cruises from 3 different ports. I have seen Bubbas on all cruises. I am related to many Bubbas. I come from a long, long line of Bubbas. I don't think the way they ( or should I say "we")dress is indicative of other boorish behaviors and/or hand washing tendencies.

I love Carnival and I love cruising. But, it's an inexpensive vacation for many. If you want better "cliental", perhaps a nice five star resort, at quadruple the cost, would be a better option for you.

Donna

Majic City, KY Transplant thinks everybody from Alabama or everybody who cruises on the Holiday are "Bubbas". It doesn't matter what the topic is about, he will find someway to trash the Holiday...I wouldn't waste my time on him. He must have a boring life.

This thread really lends credence to my previous posts concerning the Holiday.

As I have said previously here at C.C. I have seen first hand the nastiness of a great deal of Holiday passengers.

We were actually in line behind this slob of a person at the buffett when he reached down into his overalls and scratched his....well you know...then picked up a plate and proceeded through the buffett line. My wife put her plate back and walked out with me in tow....we never ate at the buffett again.

We saw so many like this that I wished I could have swam back to Mobile....I didn't...too many sharks..but it may have been better than dodging a shark of another kind dressed in dirty overalls, Tshirt and brogans. Don't these people know they are on a cruise? Couldn't their appearance and health habits improve a little while onboard? The whole cruise reminded me of the movie "Ma & Pa Kettle Slop The Hogs".

Maybe now some of you Holiday lovers will wake up & realize what causes these viruses. It appears Carnival does nothing about these human germ machines.

TROLL!!!Every post I have seen from you is always bashing someone on Carnival! Well Sir, if you hate Carnival so much.... STOP SAILING WITH THEM!!! Then your life would not be so miserable. :rolleyes:

How about sticking to the topic and stop worrying about what another poster thinks?

Yes, non-hand-washers are that way because they are either stupid, or arrogant, or selfish, or all of the above.

It isn't the utensil in the food that's the problem. It's the person handling the utensil and then the next person touches the utensil and unthinkingly touches their mouth or nose.

It is not an airborne virus, correct?

The ship isn't sick. People are sick. And too many people bring the virus onboard, they get sick, but don't go to the infirmary because no one is going to tell them to stay in their cabin! Dang it all, they paid good money for their cruise and if they make someone else sick, tough! So they just go around depositing their bugs on everything they touch.

Yuck.

Archived