Questions about Victory

Dorset Cruiser

A review and some pictures would be great! I'm sailing the Victory on the 17th and would love to hear all about it!

My photo tour of Victory is at

http://www.beyondships.com/CarnivalVictorytour1.html

and my review of a cruise on Victory last summer (4 days Canada) is at

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=31337

I hope you find them useful.

Our cruise director was 'Malcolm-in the middle' but I don't think he is working the seas any longer.

If his real name is Malcolm Burn, he was listed as our Cruise Director. However, one of the on-board comedians -- as a Canadian, you may know him : Sean Cullen -- joined him for the announcements each day on our trip, so he got a -little- bit overshadowed. LOL!

I also *heart* Toronto. As a die-hard Barenaked Ladies fan, how could I NOT?! :D

Did it last July

The weather was aweful. The ports were not too exciting, actually boring-

When we were docking, i thought i was in Newark NJ.. ok slight exageration...

Our friends loved the reverse rapids...

I think they refurbished the ship - if they didnt i would stay away from it...

I will say this- The people in Canada were some of the nicest people we have ever met.. They were very welcoming

Newark NJ. LOL I felt the same way when I went to Jamaica. I told everyone it was Newark with palm trees.

Newark NJ. LOL I felt the same way when I went to Jamaica. I told everyone it was Newark with palm trees.

Not a bad description! LOL! (I'm from NJ, I can mock Newark). We were in Ocho Rios last week, and while we had fun on our excursions, I have no desire to return.

I don't know what all the refurbishments entailed, but they did take down the stage that was on Lido, and installed a big screen. The link to my pictures in a previous post show the screen. :)

lol

Its true sad to say

but the people were wonderful...!! how were the people of Jamaica!

It was extremely clean... squeaky.. but nothing at all exciting

From another Canadian, thank you :-)

Its true and i say this very sincerely..

Most people wont believe it, but new yorkers are too.. everyday working in the city i meet some great people!

Toronto Rocks! Cant wait to go back..Loved Queen street

Just wondering how your NCL experience was compared to all the Carnival cruises you have taken?

Just wondering how your NCL experience was compared to all the Carnival cruises you have taken?

I dont know if you were asking me or DQ but i loved it.. the food was good.. not as good as Celebrity or Carnival. But the ship was BEAUTIFUL immaculate and i would go again in a minute!

I think it's funny how it's hard to find many reviews on Victory and by all the posts on this thread there are a lot of people out there that want to read about the Victory! So, please, everyone posting on this thread, remember when you return from your Victory cruise all the people who want a review. In no time, we should have plenty of reviews!

Victory was an awesome ship. It was easy to find your way around. If you are heading through the Ionian room, especially after the muster, be sure to watch out for the brass shin high post sticking out in the middle of the floor-as you can guess I didn't see it, and wham-nice bruise, still have a scar today-almost 2 years later. It didn't dampen the cruise experience though. We did the Eastern tour-San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Martin. Great fun-In San Juan we did horseback riding at night-they don't listen to you at all, but listen to the guide, in st. thomas, we toured shopped, and rode up to paradise point, in st. maarten we did the wild and mild pentzauger tour. such fun. loved swimiing in the water, watch out for naked older men there-clothing is optional on the dutch side.

I'm thinking of booking the Victory for a 4 day Canada cruise on 6/10 for DD and I. Anyone done this one?

I went last August (5 day version).

I thought it was nice, especially for the price. Some things I enjoyed, others were a bit frustrating. of course it didn't help that my 14 y/o son stayed out until 4am one night, but that's a long story for another day. I guess he was looking to catch TRock sunbathing topless on the funnel deck.

I will say that the lines for the Lido deck buffet were pretty bad if you went at the same time as everyone else. But the food was decent. I preferred the seated meals over the buffet.

I also thought Halifax was nice. We took the bus tour up to Peggy's Cove. That was definitely worth it. But it was also a gorgeous day that day. I never got the fog that everyone else got last summer, and we even saw some whales leaving port.

I went last August (5 day version).

I thought it was nice, especially for the price. Some things I enjoyed, others were a bit frustrating. of course it didn't help that my 14 y/o son stayed out until 4am one night, but that's a long story for another day. I guess he was looking to catch TRock sunbathing topless on the funnel deck.

I will say that the lines for the Lido deck buffet were pretty bad if you went at the same time as everyone else. But the food was decent. I preferred the seated meals over the buffet.

I also thought Halifax was nice. We took the bus tour up to Peggy's Cove. That was definitely worth it. But it was also a gorgeous day that day. I never got the fog that everyone else got last summer, and we even saw some whales leaving port.

Excuse me ! LOL do we know each other LOL

I dont do the topless thing... i am too shy;)

Well, Trocks was pulled, and mine went ALL over the place:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=587881

Just read your review, thanks for posting the link.

Question about driving. I live in DE and I'm thinking if I book this trip that I would drive to MetroPark and take NJ Transit into Penn Station and then get a taxi to the terminal. Would you advise doing this or driving to the terminal? I've never driven into the city :eek: . Also, what is the cost to park at the port if I decide to brave the big, bad city and drive in?

The good thing about taking NJ Transit to Penn Station is that I can make a quick trip up to Junior's at Times Square and pick up a cheesecake or 2 to bring home. :D :p

Thanks,

Just read your review, thanks for posting the link.

Question about driving. I live in DE and I'm thinking if I book this trip that I would drive to MetroPark and take NJ Transit into Penn Station and then get a taxi to the terminal. Would you advise doing this or driving to the terminal? I've never driven into the city :eek: . Also, what is the cost to park at the port if I decide to brave the big, bad city and drive in?

The good thing about taking NJ Transit to Penn Station is that I can make a quick trip up to Junior's at Times Square and pick up a cheesecake or 2 to bring home. :D :p

Thanks,

I think if you are willing to pay the $180 (or $24/day) to go for it. Once you're through the Lincoln or Holland Tunnel ($6), it's just up the West Side.

Lugging all the suitcases around just doesn't appeal to me. But if you do, it's easy to pick up a cab at Penn and get over to the terminal.

The cheesecake may be the deciding factor!

I think if you are willing to pay the $180 (or $24/day) to go for it. Once you're through the Lincoln or Holland Tunnel ($6), it's just up the West Side.

Lugging all the suitcases around just doesn't appeal to me. But if you do, it's easy to pick up a cab at Penn and get over to the terminal.

The cheesecake may be the deciding factor!

I'll pay the $5. a day at MetroPark to park and the $18. pp r/t on NJ Transit and take a taxi one I get to Penn Station. We may be able to get away with 1 small suitcase between the 2 of us, since it's just DD and I going.

That's more money for cheesecake and black & white cookies! :D

Thanks for your help.

Archived