Carnival debark Miami and flight times - HELP

teeredi2cruise

Last year when we debarked in Miami, it was pretty late before we were able to get off of the ship in Miami. We used to be able to take an 11:00 flight out of Miami, but I am leary about doing that early of a time. How early and what has your recent experience been (especially with the new terminal in Miami) getting off the ship and making it to the airport terminal. Thanks!:p

let me just say...we were there in May and October...both times we were first to get off the ship after the self debark..all I can say is it was a cluster...in May we had aflight at noon and missed check in by 10 mins..they required you be there an hour ahead of schedule..in October we were at the new terminal..again..first off the ship after the self debark...our flight was at one this time...we didn't make it to the airport till noon..and believe me I was a basket case..NOT a good way to end a vacation..push it back if you can..no guarantee that you won't run into a snag that will cause you grief...

If you do self-assist debarkation, you should have no problems getting an 11 am flight from Miami unless Immigration/Customs holds up debarkation for some reason. We got off the Freedom 3 weeks ago and self-assist started getting off about 7:30am.

:rolleyes: Thanks for the response. I guess we will play it safer. Wow, my second option was going to be for 1:00, now I'm not even sure about that. I wonder what has happened to slow the debark, we have cruised out of Miami for years, and never really had a time with the 11:00 (although, we have also always gotten a early departure status), but last year was the first time that things seemed to hit a snag.

We just got off the LIBERTY out of Ft. Lauderdale but had to catch our plane out of Miama... 10:22 am 44 of us... We had a SHUTTLE waiting for us.. ALL of us DID OUR OWN DISEMBARKMENT.. AND was off the ship by 7:30...

Half hour drive to Miamia Airport. In line and was waiting to board for 1 hour..

BUT EVERYTHING THING WENT RIGHT!!!! No problems. But I did sweat if out.

I would fly out after 1 to be safe if possible

Archived