Crime in St Lucia.

chewap

Crime in St Lucia. I was in St Lucia last month and on the trail by the waterfalls Soufreiere, a NCL tour of 16 people were robbed by gunpoint. The govt. up to now has tried to hid the fact of the thugs roaming the island, robbing people. Our tour guide, Cosol, when asked about the crimes on the island said there is very little crime, but this is untrue. St Lucia is a beautiful island and hopefully the govt has seen the light and will catch and prosecute the people, which they have not done to date.

See article

http://www.stluciastar.com/NewsHome/LocalNews/tabid/571/newsid1152/3380/Default.aspx

As much as I really didin't like St Lucia, I was very uncomfortable with the people, I don't think the crime is any worse there than on any island. This happened In Costa Rico of a similar situation about a year ago, same in Mexico and look at what happened to Natalie Halloway?

Nita

That must have been a very scarey experience!

Personally I adore St. Lucia, it is one of my favorite islands and I have always felt safe there. We spent a week there last April and were there for the day in December, never did I feel like I was in any danger. Bad people are all over the world, I don't think St. Lucia has any more than any other island. I have always found the people kind and welcoming. At any rate what a horrible thing to have happended to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what a scary thing to have happen. We just came back from a COSOL tour of St. Lucia and went to the waterfall, which was beautiful. I never ever felt unsafe on St. Lucia. In fact, it was my favourite stop next to Barbados. Still, bad things can happen anywhere. I never bring too much cash with me and also never wear nice jewelry when off the ship. It stays in our safe.

Archived