Constellation 11 day cruise on 3/31

Sujust

Going on above cruise with father, and 3 sisters/spouses - suites. Have been on 15 cruises, but not for a few years. Several questions:

- Any good ideas, must do's or must not do's on ship?

- Not familiar with Cartegena, or Panama as to stops, what to see, tours, places to visit, eat etc etc, - so really looking for help.

Thanks, Sujust

Sujust@aol.com

HI! :D I leave for this cruise in two weeks. I have been doing a ton of research on the ports and have found the "ports of Call" boards to be very helpfull.

Most important thing I have learned is, Do not fear Cartegena. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained from the shore excursions at this port.:)

I will be happy to email you on my return..

Thanks for any and all help. This is a big family cruise with my sisters/spouses and my Dad. So interested in any thoughts, do's and don'ts. We have been on 14+ cruises but none 11 days and in many of these ports. We are looking forward to the 5 days at sea for sure.

Sujust

Sujust@aol.com

Going on above cruise with father, and 3 sisters/spouses - suites. Have been on 15 cruises, but not for a few years. Several questions:

- Any good ideas, must do's or must not do's on ship?

- Not familiar with Cartegena, or Panama as to stops, what to see, tours, places to visit, eat etc etc, - so really looking for help.

Thanks, Sujust

Sujust@aol.com

Hi - just got off the same itinerary/sailing yesterday...Cartegena - do an excursion, they will warn you that the vendors are pushy and they are a bit but if you say no, they will leave you alone...we did the Deluxe Cartegena tour and enjoyed it - offered pretty good value.

For Panama - definitely pre-book an excursion..suggest something with the Gatun Lake/locks...otherwise you will have nothing to do all day as it's basically just a port, and they don't suggest you visit Colon City on your own.

Sailed Panama Canal/Gatun Locks during Christmas/New Year's.

As the above poster mentioned, please do not go into Colon alone. All the tour books you read suggest you book an excursion with some reputable / recommended.

There are plenty of recommendations on the Ports of Call threads.

Archived