Top 10 items not to forget!

travgurl

Look at the attachment in the 3rd message in the following thread:

Look at 3rd Message.

Do people really bring all this junk. It would take three days to collect, organize and pack all that stuff. Then it would take another day on the ship to unpack and store it away in the cabin.

Wonder where in the cabin they keep it all.... and if they need something... how to find it.

My philosophy is to pack light and if we really need it we will buy it. Hauling stuff for "in case I need it" just does not make sense....especially as airlines are tightening up the luggage requirements. But that is just me. :)

While some talk about taking food off of the ship, we use it for our cameras on the beach. It keep these electronics dry and free from sand. At the end of the cruise, it is handy to pack wet/damp swim suits.

GO WILDCATS.

SORRY, I HAD TO SAY THAT. I USE TO LIVE IN LEXINGTON, BUT IT SEEMED EVERYTIME I WOULD WATCH THE GAMES THEY WOULD LOSE, SO I QUIT WATCHING AND JUST STARTED ROOTING FOR THEM.

I TAKE THE PLASTIC BAGS TO ORGANIZE MY STUFF LIKE MP3, MEDS, AND OTHER LITTLE THINGS THAT GET LOST IN THE SUITCASE.

I ALSO LIKE TO TAKE SOME SMALL GARBAGE BAGS BECAUSE THEY DON'T USE THEM IN THE CANS, AND BEING FEMALE, THEY CAN COME IN HANDY IN THE BATHROOM.

Ziplock baggies-for wet swimming suits if you change on an island, for collecting sea shells, storing snacks or fruit to take with you off the ship, for keeping lemons for beverages in your cabin, for ice for an impromptu cooler in the bottom of your beach bag. I always take several-large and small-on all vacations.

People laugh at us but I honestly think packing a first aid kit is one of the most important things - and when I say first aid kit I mean things like pepto, aspirin etc, I know they say the ship has doctors but you really many times are on your own, you have to think what if its 1 am none of the ships stores are open and you are feeling ill because of something you ate, you don't want to tell anyone because they will lock you up in your cabin eventhough the nex day your fine. We think of the worst things that could happen and we take it, we have a First aid kit check list and it always goes with us.

We had a bad experience once (don't want to get into it) but I was shocked to see that the Ships personal really isn't ready to handle anything that comes their way and it was a huge deal but ever since then the first aid kit comes with us.

..and a 'mini' first aid kit to take ashore with you! I use a small plastic lined cosmetic bag which I can throw into my beach bag: a few bandaids, antibiotic cream, vinegar packet (from fast food restaurant for jellyfish bites!), benadryl, sunscreen, tylenol or advil, ginger pills, pepto bismol, immodium - just a few of each of these so when you are in port and not feeling well or develop a blister you don't have to panic or search for a drugstore.

I was once able to 'MacGiver' my flip flop when it broke during an excursion with some of the bandaids I was carrying :D

Froufie

Just off the Ecstasy----

What I should have taken--

*Bino's"

*My fuzzy hush puppy slippers

*Long sleeve sweat shirt

*A second bungee cord

*Many more dollar bills for constant tipping

What I took that I didn't need---

*Power strip

*Too many clothes

What I'm glad I took--

*A beer in every shoe

*Our full allotment of wine

*Lots of bottled water

*Airborne Tablets

things i always take and never use.

mp3 players

things i wish i would have taken this time.

body wash/soap. there was no body wash in the shower.

shampoo. their shampoo was awful this time.

Things I am glad I took

Meclazine (seasick pills)

tylenol

Things I could have done without

some of the clothes.

Just curious as to what the zip lock bags are for?

I use them for wet bathing suits at the end of the cruise, don't want everything smelling by the time i get home. Or when on an excursion to the beach, I put what I dont want to get sandy or wet in there.

1's for tips ( I brought 50) and it worked out great!

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may be since I haven't yet been on a cruise- I'm sailing for the first time in 2 weeks), but on Carnival aren't the tips either "pre-paid" or automatically charged to your sign and sail account?

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may be since I haven't yet been on a cruise- I'm sailing for the first time in 2 weeks), but on Carnival aren't the tips either "pre-paid" or automatically charged to your sign and sail account?

Tips for your steward and waitstaff can be pre-paid. The small bills will be needed if you want to tip anyone "extra" - such as bartenders and other service staff (spa?). Anyone who goes out of there way to make your cruise special. I find it always help to make friends with your favorite bartender. :)

I usually take 50 1's for tipping: baggage handlers, room service, anyone who provides extra service, especially on the islands.

Also, if you plan on doing any laundry on board (I'm a crazy person about bringing dirty laundry home) then also bring a roll of quarters.

Enjoy your 1st cruise:)

* I have a zip-top bag filled with the "maybe" OTC meds, and don't unpack unless needed.

* I have a zip-top bag with nightstand items: sm flashlight, travel clock, chapstick, lotion, ear plugs, highlighter pen, pen, sm notepad, post-it notes, cough drops. I plop bag in the drawer & only pull items if/when needed.

* I have a zip-top bag filled with the meds I need & small bathroom items--easy to unpack/repack.

* I empty my purse, wallet, etc. of anything I don't need, transfer money & credit cards to a small coin purse that'll fit in my pocket, put all docs in a large zip-top bag (just to keep them together),& take a purse that can easily double as a tote.

* Camera, memory cards, rechargeable batteries & charger

* A zip-top bag with packaged snacks--you're not supposed to take anything off the ship other than snacks in their wrappers.

* I always take copies of my docs, packed in a different suitcase.

* I leave the large suitcase unzipped & under the bed so I can pull it out & dump dirty clothes in.

Don't laugh about taking zip-top bags. Last cruise I had a #3 (very bad) ankle sprain & they're great ice packs.....

I'm cruising Carnival for the first time since the "honeymoon from hell" and I'm anxious to see how it compares. Victory, June 1, 2008

TEN items??

A guy only really needs a total of 4 things:

All-purpose shorts, short-sleeved shirt, sandals (wear these on the flight to the ship). Credit card in your pocket.

Other essentials (toothbrush, comb, booze) can be picked up on board

Archived