Need ideas on how to announce pregnancy to family during cruise

Poodle1

My husband and I just found out we are pregnant with our second child. I need creative ideas on how to announce it to my parents and sisters who will be traveling with us on our caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks. I know this is a random question but I am having a hard time coming up with ideas. Thanks!

When my wife and I got pregnant with our first we created a slide show with pictures of us as kids growing up. The last slide was of the EPT test that says pregnant when it is positive. If you have a laptop or DVD player this is an easy one to do.

For our second child (my wife is currently pregnant) we happened to be announcing it at my son's 2nd birthday party. My wife got him a shirt that says big brother and wrapped it and made sure it was the first present he opened. You could have your first child wear the shirt. It wasn't the same shirt but this might work. http://www.babystyle.com/common/dProductDetail.asp?SIND=1&PMId=25238&cmCL=srch-bigbrothershirt

Of course that assumes you have a boy but I am sure there are big sister shirts as well.

When my BIL and his wife found out they were expecting, they wrapped up the pregnancy test stick in a box and presented it to my MIL. She had absolutely no idea what it was. A funny moment.

Why not get your mom a charm bracelet and put two charms with a baby/grandchild theme on it. She can open it in front of everyone.

Go tot eh future cruise consultant and have them price out a cruise for you in the future, and have it done for 4 people.

When you are all sitting around, break out the document's and tell them what a great price we got for a crusie.

Something like:

So, we went and got a price for an easten carib. cruise next Oct. We got a great price. It is $xxxx for 4 people, thats not to bad.

HOPEFULYY they catch the "4" part!!

You can get tiny little infant decorations at craft stores that sell cake decorations for baby showers. Put the baby decorations in little square boxs, like a ring box. Maybe wrap them in pink and blue ribbons and have a little card attached saying it's from you.

In the dining room at dinner have the waiter deliver the presents at the time you coordinate. See how long it takes them to figure out the surprise.

How about (along the same line of getting tiny feet)...go to a party supply store and get tiny baby items (maybe pink/blue rattles or baby booties) and bring them along with you. Talk to the waiter (ALONE) and have him put the items in everyone's dessert at the end of the meal.

So you would get things like baby cupcake toppers. They wouldn't take up much space. And it would be a heck of a surprise when dessert is being served. :D

You could also go the simple route. Get everyone together for sailaway cocktails and order a virgin pina colada or something like that. Explain that you need to be careful now that you're pregnant. That will grab their attention!

Congratulations!

Eric

I love all of the ideas already posted, especially the "this is not seasickness" t shirt. hee hee By the way congrats on being pregnant again. My idea would be to have a cake served on the 1st night at dinner that had a message on it exclaiming your news!

What we did for my family to announce with DD would work, you would just need a photographer in on it...

Get everyone together for a group shot... Have the photographer say " say cheese" get a picture and then have them say" ok this time everyone say Name's pregnant" they shoot the picture & you get everyone's surprised look....

Our picture from thanksgiving 2005 is CLASSIC my DH was the photographer, I have a huge grin and everyone one has their jaw dropped or a shocked look!

When my DH and I announced our pregnancy (after 15 years together, 7 married, and everyone in the family giving up hope) we wrapped up ultrasound pictures in dollar store frames. We handed one to everyone and had them open them together. At first they were puzzled... then one of them got it... and then a second person realized there were TWO babies and pandamonium ensued. You could do the same thing, have the waiter bring them out with dessert, or just put one out by each person's plate.

What we did for my family to announce with DD would work, you would just need a photographer in on it...

Get everyone together for a group shot... Have the photographer say " say cheese" get a picture and then have them say" ok this time everyone say Name's pregnant" they shoot the picture & you get everyone's surprised look....

Our picture from thanksgiving 2005 is CLASSIC my DH was the photographer, I have a huge grin and everyone one has their jaw dropped or a shocked look!

This one is a classic - and my personal fav. Well done!

I agree. My favorite one too!:D

My husband and I just found out we are pregnant with our second child. I need creative ideas on how to announce it to my parents and sisters who will be traveling with us on our caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks. I know this is a random question but I am having a hard time coming up with ideas. Thanks!

If your family is anything like mine- they'll just know. I was walking up to my mother after flying to California and the minute I went in the kitchen and I turned down a cup of coffee- she said "oh, my God your are pregnant aren't you!".

Must have had a guilty look on my face.

Make sure to tell them quickly- otherwise they will figure it out before you get to surprize them. I like the "Say .... Is Pregnant" idea.

We announced we were pregnant w/our second on Mothers Day. I made up silly cards that said "Roses are red, violets are blue, DH and I are so happy, we're having baby #2". My mother shreiked w/delight and of course my sis who knows me better than anyone knew I was pregnant before even getting the card, but she kept the secret.

You could do something like that at dinner the first night and just say you got everyone a little something and pass out the envelopes.

I love all of the ideas already posted, especially the "this is not seasickness" t shirt. hee hee By the way congrats on being pregnant again. My idea would be to have a cake served on the 1st night at dinner that had a message on it exclaiming your news!

DH & I did this to announce to our families that we were expecting. We had a small cake decorated with a stork w/ pink & blue trim. We were attending a charity event rather than a cruise, but it works the same.

I really like the photographer idea the best, though. We may steal that whenever we get preg. w/ #2! :)

After 10 years trying... we also wanted o announce it in a special way. I mean, everyone, including us, had given up all hope. We announced on Mother's Day.

We took a great picture of DH and I --then had it framed (in a very pretty one, I might add.)

On the picture we had a note that said:

One roll of film - $5.99

film development - $8.00

frame - $15.00

The realization that there are three people in this picture... priceless.

You could do something similar -- but of course, you will have four people in the picture. LOL. Also, you could get a whole family picture on formal night and use that!

My husband and I did this to announce our engagement, but you could use it too. How about pulling the fortune out of fortune cookies and then sliding in a slip of paper with your due date???? I think it would be fun

to pass them out at dinner, you could have the waiter pass them out. Everyone would be asking...what is August ??, 2008?????

Congratulations!

....wasn't that the rule on Titanic? You can jump to the front of the line whenever you want and declare it so because right now you're both! This was my favorite line to use when we were at a buffet. :) Not really a good way to announce a pregnancy, but still fun. ;)

Archived