Handicapped Passenger on CP

MaryLS

We will be a group of 6 on the CP in Dec. One of our passengers is in a wheel chair. Will she get special boarding? If so, will it be for our group or just for her? Also, how about seating at the shows on the ship. Will it be a problem for all of us to sit together?

No worries your disabled pax will be allowed to preboard as well and also your group or anyone accompanying this individual. In the lounges they do have sections for disabled individuals to sit that are conveniently close to exits as well for greater mobility and you all will be accomadated together for seating. Princess is one of the best disabled friendly cruise lines out there right now.

My mom is visually impaired and has a service dog. We have received excellent service with Princess and in our opinion, they are one of the best lines for disabled passengers.

On our last cruise - we had a group of 8. Princess allowed my mom and I to preboard and the rest of the group was asked to board normally.

Please remember in the theater that there is one seat followed by a wheelchair spot all the way across the back. Please only have one person sit in this row with the wheelchair person and the rest sit in the row in front so other passengers in wheelchairs can have a member of their family sit with them.

I know the BB,BC, BD and BA CAT are huge at over 360 sqft including the balcony and oversized shoer and bathrooms.

They are on Aloha CAT BC A301 and A303 and A302 and A304, also on in CAT BD on Baja 301, 303 302 adn 304 and in CAT BA on Caribe 301, 303 adn 302 and 304 and also on Riviera deck CAT BB 301, 303 and 302 and 304.

Also in Outside Obstructed cabins E301, 303 and 302 and 304 on Emerald....and many more inside handicaped cabins too many too mention!

I'm a bit disturbed that only one person will be able to board with our handicapped passenger and that only one person will be able to sit with her during shows. We are traveling as a group and enjoy each other's company, just as non-handicapped people. I can't imagine the cruise lines, in this day and age, would separate us from our handicapped passenger.

Mary - we were only separated from the rest of our group for about 15 minutes during boarding. It wasn't that big of deal. This occurred because we showed up before boarding had started - they separated us from the other 6. If you show up after boarding has started - it may be different.

The separtation is temp. If you all want the first pic make sure she/he tells them that you all want the Broading Photo. Then she/he goes one way (which includes and elevator rather then stairs) and you go another. You can meet anywhere you want or at your room. I met my party at the Purser's Desk. Then we got on an elevator and went to my room. (An inside).

The Theater is very easy if you go a few minutes early. Yes have one member right beside the person and the rest right in front of them. It is only one row for disabled. The row in front of them is for anyone. You will still be together.

I'm in a wheelchair and have sat this way with friends. With the Lounges have the staff remove a chair for the wheelchair. The CP is a very new ship with push buttons for most doors to where the person will want to go. Ensure the member is registered will the Purser's Desk as needing assistance in case of emergenies.

Have fun. A cruise is one of the best values for someone who is in a chair.

Archived