Mariner - Best night for Ice Show?

We're leaving this weekend to sail the Western itinerary on Mariner. For those of you who have recently sailed on her - please recommend the best night to see the Ice Show ( ie. the other entertainment provided that night is nothing spectacular.) Thanks!

On Freedom...the ice show was spectacular and very popular. Thus, it fills up quickly and there are limited seats. I'd say try to see it at your first opportunity...seems to me we saw the show in the afternoon, come to think of it, thus it didn't affect going to the other events on the ship.

There are two ice shows for each dinner seating. One is before dinner on one night. The other is after dinner on a different night.

On Mariner - the best day to see the ice show is Wednesday because there are no other production shows or comedy shows that evening. If you get tickets for the other day, the ice show won't conflict with another show, but you'll have one show before dinner and one show after dinner on that day, and you will be left with no show on Wednesday. This really isn't a big deal.

An issue does arise you have early seating. The ice show for early seating will be after dinner on Wednesday night, and before dinner on Thursday/Friday night. The before dinner ice show starts at 5pm, but you should get down to the arena about 15 minutes early to get seats. (While there are enough seats for everyone, there are rude people who save seats even though they aren't supposed to, and others who leave an empty seat between them and the party next to them inseatd of filling in all the seats. So, you may have a hard time finding enough seats together, esp if you have a large party). To further complicate matters, the before dinner show is often on a port day and formal night, so it's rather inconvenient to be ready by 4:45pm to do the show and then straight to dinner.

Another note: On Mariner, they often start distributing tickets 15-20 minutes early, so if you have early dinner seating and want to get the Wednesday after dinner show, you show sent someone to stand online outside Studio B at about 8:30 or 8:40 Monday morning.

Donna,

Thanks for the information. Do you know the exact days and times for the other ice shows? We would really like to know when the best time for an alternative restaurant would be.

Thanks again.

Jason, Join our roll call for 2/24/08 sailing...Later, Jill:cool:

Donna,

Thanks for the information. Do you know the exact days and times for the other ice shows? We would really like to know when the best time for an alternative restaurant would be.

Thanks again.

I don't remember off the top of my head, especially since I did both itineraries and it's hard to keep straight which was which. Also, I only noticed what applied to me.

You can check for old Compasses here: http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/tabid/451/Default.aspx

Just keep in mind that although most Western Mariner cruises follow the same schedule, there sometimes are changes from week-to-week, so your cruise might be different. Use the old Compass to get an idea of what you want to do, but then comform the schedule once onboard.

Archived