Cat 1A Cabins on Conquest Class Decks 6,7,8

SL HomeschoolMom

We booked Cat 1A for my teens, figuring the extra floor space is good for them. I know that these cabins are 1 upper and 1 lower.

My question is...Is the lower bunk made up into a couch during the day or is it only a bed? My husband and I stayed in a 1A on the Celebration, but that was when it was the newest ship, and my memory is vague.

Thanks.

My question is...Is the lower bunk made up into a couch during the day or is it only a bed? My husband and I stayed in a 1A on the Celebration, but that was when it was the newest ship, and my memory is vague.

Thanks.

If it's the "upper/lower configuration", the "lower" is a bed 24 hours/day. The "upper" disappears into the ceiling. One of the other configurations has a bed and a "sofabed". That combo, if it applies, is often seen close to the bow

The "upper" disappears into the ceiling.

We asked the room steward to keep the bed lowered because we knew my DD would want to take a quick nap during the day so if this is something you would like (to the OP) just ask. This was on the Glory (deck 6) and this was one of the most spacious 1A rooms I've had.

• 2 months later...
We asked the room steward to keep the bed lowered because we knew my DD would want to take a quick nap during the day so if this is something you would like (to the OP) just ask. This was on the Glory (deck 6) and this was one of the most spacious 1A rooms I've had.

do recall the cabin number? was it 6393? thanks!

This thread has big duck's great pics of that cabin.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=725576

Don's cabin was on the Conquest. I visited his room and it was huge and very roomy. I had the same room on the Liberty last October and had the same-sized room, but mine had a single bed running along the adjacent wall instead of the double-bed configuration Don's had.

On the Conquest on the same cruise with Don, I had 6227, which was a smaller 1-A with a single bed and a ceiling bunk bed.

I was delighted with both of the 1-A rooms to the point where I've already booked two more for the Destiny B2B at Halloween and another one for the Legend in October 2009.

do recall the cabin number? was it 6393? thanks!

Yes, 6393 is the room and it was in a great mid ship location. It's also right next door to the laundry room so when we needed to iron we only had to go a few steps away. I would select that room again in a heartbeat. :)

I have stayed in the 1A on deck 8. room 8357. This one has the upper and a double on the bottom. I thought that was sort of weird for a 1A. 8357 has a great location because it is mid ship right under lido pool area. We stayed in this room Spring Break 2007 and then Spring Break 2008 I booked this room for my mom. She loved it because of the double bed.

Don's cabin was on the Conquest. I visited his room and it was huge and very roomy. I had the same room on the Liberty last October and had the same-sized room' date=' but mine had a single bed running along the adjacent wall instead of the double-bed configuration Don's had.

On the Conquest on the same cruise with Don, I had 6227, which was a smaller 1-A with a single bed and a ceiling bunk bed.

I was delighted with both of the 1-A rooms to the point where I've already booked two more for the Destiny B2B at Halloween and another one for the Legend in October 2009.[/quote']

My friend booked solo and took 2216, because its good sized and also has the portholes. If she couldnt get the portholes than Id take these other cabins instead. I dont know if I steered her wrong, if its worth it to see out and be on Main deck or have a higher deck 1A. I should write down these cabin numbers and try and get a look at them this Sept for future booking. If things go well we will be booking together a lot, we have two more bookings Im taking her already.

Archived