Hotels in Manhattan or New Jersey????

letsgoagain!

Can anyone offer suggestions on a couple days in the Manhattan area before sailing on October 30th??

We are trying to find a reasonable room in Manhattan for 2 nights, so we don't spend a lot of $$ and time travelling back and forth from the hotel. Last time we left from Cape Liberty we stayed in New Jersey a night and paid alot of $ to ride the train back and forth. Wish we would have put that $ towards a hotel in Manhattan. However I have been reading about people going back and forth for a lot less $.

Would anyone suggest we stay just outside of Manhattan on the subway so we can get back and forth? Or should we try a better plan for Newark? OR bite the bullet and try to find a better deal in Manhattan. Right now we have a reservation for $315. per night. (4 adults).

Any hotel suggestions?

Sorry so many questions, but we want to look at all our options. I have just found these boards after our 2nd cruise and it helped so much for our one in January!!!! Thanks for everyones help!!!

Manhatten rates are way up there, but I always give that location the preference, if that is where your touring is going to be. With only a couple days, it won't be cheap but well worth your time.

I frequently stay at the Super 8- again in 2 weeks. :) Excellent location. KEEP track of rates, last several times there- including New Year's the rates dropped a couple week prior. Ended up being $350 LESS for 2 of the nights. ($350 original booking, then dropped to $150 and $200) I always book each day separately and have always gotten the same room during my stays. There are several others to consider and plenty have been talked about on this board.

To stay "outside" with subway access, look at Long Island City. There have been some good reports there.

Hello Letsgoagain,

Wife and I will be on October 13th cruise out of Quebec and ending in NY on 23 October, which is considered High season. We planned on spending 3 nights in NY-Manhattan. Suggest you check on Hotwire.com and priceline.com. I finally did priceline with its bidding process and got the Holiday Inn Express in Chelsea area of Manhattan. List for King on Expedia and Travelocity and on Hotel's web site was an obscene $450 per night. We won it for $202 per night and it comes with a nice breakfast, newspaper and computer access. Such a bargain, right??!! If any questions please ask or e-mail me at jaydh42@yahoo.com.

Archived