Attention Jolly Pirates...

tjatczak

Is the tour listed on Royal Caribbean the Jolly Pirates with lunch?

I know MiDushi is listed on a specific tour (at a much higher rate than the web!) But there is a second tour that mentions snorkeling and a rope swing, but no "brand" name. I wonder if this is the same Jolly Pirates tour that I just booked online FOR THE SAME PRICE but with transporation/?????

Can anyone help with the confusion????

Thanks,

Ted

Is the tour listed on Royal Caribbean the Jolly Pirates with lunch?

I know MiDushi is listed on a specific tour (at a much higher rate than the web!) But there is a second tour that mentions snorkeling and a rope swing, but no "brand" name. I wonder if this is the same Jolly Pirates tour that I just booked online FOR THE SAME PRICE but with transporation/?????

Can anyone help with the confusion????

Thanks,

Ted

RC has an afternoon excursion with JP that doesn't include lunch but does include transportation.

I just returned from a RC Panama cruise and did the morning Jolly Pirates which I booked on line and not through RC. It was cheaper and included lunch. However, we had to pay for the taxi out to the Holiday Inn and back. (about $10.00 each way.) Jolly Pirates is the BEST! We had so much fun. FYI - The other vessels did NOT have much shade and we were glad to be where we were.

island284

RC has an afternoon excursion with JP that doesn't include lunch but does include transportation.

I just returned from a RC Panama cruise and did the morning Jolly Pirates which I booked on line and not through RC. It was cheaper and included lunch. However, we had to pay for the taxi out to the Holiday Inn and back. (about $10.00 each way.) Jolly Pirates is the BEST! We had so much fun. FYI - The other vessels did NOT have much shade and we were glad to be where we were.

island284

We just got back and enjoyed the Jolly Pirates. We booked online and took the bus. Very easy and cost is $1.30 each way. Bus is right across the street from cruise terminal and lets you off about 500 yards from Mamboo beach.

We're arriving on AOS 4/22/08. RCCL's excursions list a description of JP, but not by name and 2 sailing times- 8:30AM for 4 hrs and 2:30PM for 4 hours, lunch not included. I sent an e-mail to JP and Carla responded to book 9:30 tour (with lunch) directly on-line w/ JP.

So- I'm confused- do they have 2 ships per day, or if not, which morning sailing is valid- the 8:30AM thru RCCL or 9:30AM directly with JP. OR- is the RCCL excursion not with JP?

The Mi Dushi is clearly identified on RCCL.

Hi ya Sealegs!

Aren't you so clever!

Yes, we have two ships!

Both offer the Sail, Snorkel, Swim and Swing!

You could not imagine how many messages I recv ea day asking this.

Two ships and two different schedules, double the fun!

So great to hear that Carol/Rick and Island284

had a JOLLY day with us!

Hope to meet you too!

If you still have ?'s you are welcome to send me an email directly;

this way I can stay "good" with the rules of the board.

• 2 weeks later...

Sealegs9 - I would guess that the RCL excursion time is earlier because it meets at the cruise ship pier and includes time to get organized and travel to the beach where you get on the Jolly Pirates ship. The Jolly Pirates time of 9:30 may assume that you are at their ship's location at 9:30.

Jolly Pirates - Please correct me if I'm wrong.

edit: OOPS! I'm wrong - sorry - I didn't read the previous posts closely enough.

By the way - We did the Jolly Pirates afternoon excursion through RCL on February 4th, and it was really fun - even though we got rained on - twice! The Antilla shipwreck is really awesome!

Jeff

My DW and i were on the JP with Island284. In fact, there were 11 of us off the Brilliance. We all met at the gangplank to the Brilliance, and got the first three taxis to take us there. Since we were so early, we had plenty of time to relax in the sand. The cost of the taxi is $10 for the taxi ti self, so with 3 or 4 you just split it up.

the day was fantastic. We had a brief shower and the JP has a cover which we noticed the "other" company did not have. This kept us from the sun and the rain. The snorkleing was fantastic, we saw dolphins and had a great time. also on this tour were some young HEROES. One Soldier who had the Purple Heart and was headed back, and his girlfriend (also a Soldier) and she als was headed to the Land of Sand. So this break was well deserved by them. Keeping them in our prayers that they stay safe and can once again enjoy sand, where everyone is friendly.

We did Jolly Pirates last week booking directly instead of through RCCL. We had a great time but I have to warn everyone about the intense sun in Aruba. I covered my child in 70 sunscreen and she was still severely burned on her legs. The sun felt so good and the wind was high that day so we didn't realize what was happening until the next day. Next time we'll try to get under the shaded area.

On another note, I am beginning to feel sorry for those poor guys who work on Jolly Pirates. The older women will not leave these guys alone! On our trip this woman kept going on and on about their muscles and how she couldn't believe they didn't work out. The more she drank the more she kept hanging on this

poor guy. To his credit he just kept smiling but I know that must get old sometimes.

Archived