firewall between cabins

silverjoe

My wife and I are sailing on the Island Princess on 7/14 to Alaska. We are in cabin c335. I am aware that there are firewalls between cabins where the numbers jump, for example between c335 and c401. Other than the fact that you can't open the divider between balconies, which I don't care about, since i don't know the people in the next cabin, are there any other downsides to having a cabin next to a firewall. Or is this a good thing because you have added insulation between you and the next cabin. If anyone knows, or has experience with this cabin, I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Joe

We were next to the firewall on the Golden. There was one day with a lot of wind and if I stood out in the hall next to our cabin door, I could hear a bit of shifting and squeaking, which makes sense, because the fire walls don't move and the individual cabins probably do. But when I was inside the cabin, I didn't hear a thing.

We did have a LOT of noise in our cabin, from the Princess Theater 3 floors below, but that was a whole other issue, unrelated to the fire wall.

No, it was exactly the same size. The noise issue was caused because, directly behind our inside cabin was a large opening that went down to the theater, into which props were pulled up and stored. We knew this from our Behind the Scenes tour, when we were told that the props were stored as high as Caribe Deck (the one we were on). Live and learn.

No, it was exactly the same size. The noise issue was caused because, directly behind our inside cabin was a large opening that went down to the theater, into which props were pulled up and stored. We knew this from our Behind the Scenes tour, when we were told that the props were stored as high as Caribe Deck (the one we were on). Live and learn.

May I ask what cabin you were in, so I can avoid?

That may explain the blank space I see on Caribe deck.

Archived