To Windstar Management (know You Are Looking!)

schmidlapp

if you go back and re-read the posts, I think you'll find that you may have accused the wrong poster of needing an "attitude adjustment". The way it stands, it just doesn't make any sense.

I believe the post I quoted was edited to take out the snide comment after I made the reply.

Thank you for your support.

I was quite offended by the "attitude adjustment" comment. Without meaning to drag out an issue that is best overlooked, I can assure you that my post was never edited. As most board members know, when a post is edited, a note to that effect is automatically placed at the end of the post.

I haven't been on this board in over a month and really hoped to see a change in the reviews. I'm so disappointed to see that things seem to be getting even worse.

Like others here, we thought we had found our cruise home in Windstar. I don't really like to cruise in Europe, but Windstar made cruising so special. Having been reading the posts of the last couple of months, we debated our summer cruise options and decided that we just didn't want to risk it with Windstar. Bad enough to have a poor experience on a cruise, but worse to also ruin our faith in Windstar and to never return.

I hope the new managment gets things back in line or we, like many others, will not be back. Best wishes and happy cruising to those of you sticking with Windstar!

I haven't been on this board in over a month and really hoped to see a change in the reviews. I'm so disappointed to see that things seem to be getting even worse.

Read the WindSurf review by englishtraveller ( http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=723969 ) and you will see that they were very satisfied with their cruise.

Oh well, I was hoping that Windstar was going to be my replacement cruiseline for Windjammer, but it doesn't look like it. with these reviews I will keep looking for something else. I have no desire to spend tons of money and then be unhappy with the cruise. I am not a fussy eater, don't require a lot in the way of amenities, but I do expect the customer service people to give good service....

thanks for posting your opinions!!

Sue

Oh well, I was hoping that Windstar was going to be my replacement cruiseline for Windjammer, but it doesn't look like it. with these reviews I will keep looking for something else. I have no desire to spend tons of money and then be unhappy with the cruise. I am not a fussy eater, don't require a lot in the way of amenities, but I do expect the customer service people to give good service....

thanks for posting your opinions!!

Sue

Then you're missing out.... because you're basing your opinion on what has been written about only one of the three ships-- the Windsurf (which is much larger). Try Windspirit or Windstar. Both got rave reviews.

I sailed Windspirit and had the most relaxing, pampered, and wonderful vacation. I thought is was marvelous. The food was delicious, and I would recommend it to everyone.

The price was reasonable too... you just need to know where to look.

My wife and I have decided to go ahead and go on our July cruise. However, we will not be booking another Windstar cruise until we see how the July cruise goes. In the meantime, we are booking an Oceania cruise for Summer 2009. Can always cancel the Oceania cruise if Windstar is what it used to be.

We are two couples taking the Venice-Rome cruise on 7/6. Is that the one you're booked on?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We'll also be on this sailing as well....Although we haven't sailed with Windstar as much as you have, this will be our 5th and we're really looking forward to this one.

Have you taken this one before? Any information you can share would be helpful....Clothes, etc.

Sharon

• 4 weeks later...

Sitting in our hotel in Lisbon awaiting room availability after the two week Wind Surf repositioning cruise. We had a fabulous time! Food and service we everything we could have wanted. Writing from lobby computer and it is not easy. Will expand when I get home. Still in love with Windstar.

The price was reasonable too... you just need to know where to look.

I'm considering either Windstar or Star Clipper in the Med for 2009. Windstar is so much more expensive than Star Clipper. I guess I don't know where to look. Can you enlighten me?

Susie

The two lines' prices don't seem that different to me, based on the sources I've checked, especially for a Foremast member (meaning past passenger) booking a Foremast cruise.

I've sailed 2x on Windstar (Wind Star's Costa Rica and Wind Spirit's Caribbean), loved both, and am debating Windstar's Wind Surf S/B Caribbean vs. Star Clipper's Royal Clipper for winter 2009.

I believe that ship account charges on Star Clipper are in Euros. The way exchange rates are going, that could result in a significant difference for on-board expenses. Any thoughts on that, mbaskin?

I'm considering either Windstar or Star Clipper in the Med for 2009. Windstar is so much more expensive than Star Clipper. I guess I don't know where to look. Can you enlighten me?

Susie

I wish I could.. however.. we're not allowed on this board to name travel agents or liquidators. Just keep an eye on the banner ads on this forum.. you will see it-- it boasts up to 70-percent off on cruises.. and.. sometimes.. you can find that.. but it's usually 30-percent or so.

The two lines' prices don't seem that different to me, based on the sources I've checked, especially for a Foremast member (meaning past passenger) booking a Foremast cruise.

I've sailed 2x on Windstar (Wind Star's Costa Rica and Wind Spirit's Caribbean), loved both, and am debating Windstar's Wind Surf S/B Caribbean vs. Star Clipper's Royal Clipper for winter 2009.

I believe that ship account charges on Star Clipper are in Euros. The way exchange rates are going, that could result in a significant difference for on-board expenses. Any thoughts on that, mbaskin?

Cannot enlighten you. My experience aboard Star Clipper predates the arrival of the Euro. We paid all in dollars.

We sailed the Star Flyer a little over a year ago in Asia and all charges on board were in euros. It DOES make a difference ...prices seemed about "the same" as dollars until you realized you have to multiply that (now) by 1.5. (e.g 3 Euro coke becomes $4.50) etc.

Sitting in our hotel in Lisbon awaiting room availability after the two week Wind Surf repositioning cruise. We had a fabulous time! Food and service we everything we could have wanted. Writing from lobby computer and it is not easy. Will expand when I get home. Still in love with Windstar.

The voyage from Barbados to Lisbon aboard Wind Surf was wonderful. We had only 81 passengers and the service was superb. The weather was very good for the first 10 days, sunny with almost calm seas. Once we turned the corner at the Azores, the seas and the wind picked up, but I don't know of anyone who became seasick.

I had been somewhat apprehensive about two weeks at sea with no ports, but the days passed quickly what with walking the deck, using the exercise facilities, reading, watching DVD's from the ship's extensive collection and eating. It was an extraordinarily relaxing experience overall.

I had also been concerned about the food quality after reading some of the posts from earlier this year, but I thought it was outstanding. Chef Erwin outdid himself from the canapes in the lounge to the very tasteful meals. He was always accessible and very eager to hear thoughts/suggestions from the passengers.

The food highlight was the captain's farewell dinner the final Friday. It was served in the lounge and was modeled after a formal naval dining ceremony, with toasts before each course. It was one of the finest meals I have ever eaten and will be long remembered. Unfortunately, I fear it could not have been served had there been too many more passengers.

For us, two weeks at sea was a bit long, but we loved every minute.

Archived