Need Accurate info on 1/2 price in Specialty Restaurants

scubagirl08

I've been reading contrasting information posted on when exactly the specialty restaurants are 1/2 price. Some posts say that it is every night between the hours of 5:30 and 6:30, while other posts say that it is only the first two nights. Maybe it is different depending on what ship you are on? Leaving on the Sun tomorrow and need to know whether or not I need to jump on this 1/2 off deal on the first two nights, or if I have all week. Thanks!

The reason there's conflicting information out there is because it's not done consistently from ship to ship or even from sailing to sailing on the same ship. :p On our Gem 1/5-1/16 sailing it was from 8:30-9:30 every night. On the next sailing it was reported that it was 5:30-6:30 every night. :confused:

I think the best advice I can give you is to check the Freestyle Daily immediately when you board and go from there. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I've been reading contrasting information posted on when exactly the specialty restaurants are 1/2 price. Some posts say that it is every night between the hours of 5:30 and 6:30, while other posts say that it is only the first two nights. Maybe it is different depending on what ship you are on? Leaving on the Sun tomorrow and need to know whether or not I need to jump on this 1/2 off deal on the first two nights, or if I have all week. Thanks!

You are correct - it varies - which is why you see different replies - Once you board and are in your cabin check the News Daily - it will be in there in black and white (or maybe blue) then check it every day and go from there. Enjoy the Sun - she's a great ship.

M

This is from the Freestyle Daily from the Gem 1/26-2/5/08

Sat 1/26 5:30-6:30pm 2 for 1

Sun 1/27, Mon 1/28, Tue 1/29, Wed 1/30, Thu 1/31, Fri 2/1, Sat 2/2, Sun 2/3, Mon 2/4 9-10pm 2 for 1

Tue 2/5 No offer

Hope this clears it up.

Happy Cruising

Monty

We were on the Star sailing of 1/11-19 (pre Noro); I did not see any half price specials advertised the entire time. The fees are nominal ($20 was the most, for Cagney's and Teppanyaki), and in our opinion they were both worth it!

Have fun,

LuvBreezes

It is my understanding that they offer 2-for-1 dinner depending on supply and demand. I have read that if there are deals, they tend to be early if there are many young people on board and late if there are many older people on board - basically an incentive for people to eat at times that are not busy.

It is my understanding that they offer 2-for-1 dinner depending on supply and demand. I have read that if there are deals, they tend to be early if there are many young people on board and late if there are many older people on board - basically an incentive for people to eat at times that are not busy.

We have found the same thing.

Also, there have been cruises when the 2-for-1 deal was not offered for the whole cruise.

Perhaps this is not popular.....but you can flame away.

1/2 price is going to save you $10-$15....If you can afford a cruise, I think you can afford $10.

If you get to take advantage of the 1/2 price- GREAT....but if not, it's still a good price for a great experience.

IMHO

1/2 price is going to save you $10-$15....If you can afford a cruise, I think you can afford $10.

If you get to take advantage of the 1/2 price- GREAT....but if not, it's still a good price for a great experience.

IMHO

I can understand that, but then again...who doesn't love a good deal? I hope on my sailing on the Sun we get the 1/2 off thing at some time during the week!:)

IMHO

Thats the price of a couple of cocktails I will be saving! :cool:

Last time we sailed the Star, we took advantage of a second night 2-for-1 at Le Bistro and had a *wonderful* dinner. When we had a cabin problem later in the cruise, they offered us free seating at Le Bistro, and rather than trying to get in somewhere else, we took it without hesitation. I say go for the first one offered, and you might decide the food was so good that you'd do it again.

The reason there's conflicting information out there is because it's not done consistently from ship to ship or even from sailing to sailing on the same ship.
I would echo this. Within a couple of weeks after my last cruise on the Sun, I was reading reviews here that described very different arrangements from those on my cruise.

It is possible to over-plan a cruise, and worrying in advance about when the half price offers are seems to me to be in that territory. Better to see what happens when you get on board, and adjust your plans accordingly. All the best plans should be able to accommodate some flexibility for changes of mood or events.

An example of how it works from ship to ship: The sun it was on formal optional night and one other night, only Le Bistro: the Jewel, the first night for latitude members and I don't remember when else, on the Star a few months ago it was everynight Le Bistro and Cagney's after 9pm and one more, on the old Sea the last time we cruised her it was from 5:30 to 6:30. You can see, it depends on the ship.

Nita

on the NCL Dawn I just returned from, there were NO 2 for 1 deals at any time throughout the entire cruise. The cruise was sold out.

Nick

So was the Gem but they did it any way.

The point is it will vary by ship and sailing. I used it twice on the Gem and I left some of the savings as tip...

Just back from the Sun. Unlike what a previous poster who was on the same cruise as I was who saw a 1/2 off special the first night, I never saw any specials adverstised the whole week in any restaurant or daily. It could be a "word of mouth" thing where you have to ask for it. We found there were some other "word of mouth" rules that NCL has. The wine policy being one of them.

Archived