We got two 45 day letters on the same day!

UncleInci

After reading all the posts about people getting 45 day letters I thought I'd give it a shot. So, the wife and I sat down and wrote Carnival two separate letters about past cruises we have been on. We did this sometime in mid-December. Well, today we got two different 45 day letters from Carnival!

Here's the interesting part, reading the two letters, it is clear each one was individually written to address the different points we mentioned in each letter. A non-form letter from a company the size of Carnival? Color me impressed.

So, compliments to Carnival aside, has anyone else ever had two 45 day letters on standby? I'd assume each one is good for a separate cruise as they each have a unique number associated with the RE field.

Anyone with experience in this area?

After reading all the posts about people getting 45 day letters I thought I'd give it a shot. So, the wife and I sat down and wrote Carnival two separate letters about past cruises we have been on. We did this sometime in mid-December. Well, today we got two different 45 day letters from Carnival!

Here's the interesting part, reading the two letters, it is clear each one was individually written to address the different points we mentioned in each letter. A non-form letter from a company the size of Carnival? Color me impressed.

So, compliments to Carnival aside, has anyone else ever had two 45 day letters on standby? I'd assume each one is good for a separate cruise as they each have a unique number associated with the RE field.

Anyone with experience in this area?

Great job! Yep... my experience is that the letters are fairly personal written in response to specific letters. The one that I got mentioned individuals that I singled out in my letter to Carnival.

I've NEVER heard of anyone getting TWO letters! Too cool! I think you're exactly right... each will be good for a different bookings.

a 45 day letter is a response letter from carnival. After your cruise write to carnival letting them know the high and low(if any) parts of your cruise. And if you are one of the lucky ones you will get the 45 day letter. It states that if you call them within 45 days before your next cruise they will have a bon voyage gift for you to choose. Could be wine, a coupon for a free photo, bar coupons, chocolate covered strawberries...

I wrote a letter after our last cruise and when I called I asked if we were elegible for 2 bon voyage gifts, we have 2 cabins booked this cruise and had two last cruise. The lady i spoke with said yes since I included the booking # of both cabins in the letter. We are getting bar coupons and our dd's are getting pop coupons.

This "45 day" thing is news to me! I will definitely write! Thanks for the info!

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

CCL Fantasy 1/2000

CCL Sensation 2/2001

CCL Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

CCL Sensation 2/2004

CCL Imagination 2/2006

CCL Liberty Thanksgiving/2006

CCL Legend 7/08

a 45 day letter is a response letter from carnival. After your cruise write to carnival letting them know the high and low(if any) parts of your cruise. And if you are one of the lucky ones you will get the 45 day letter. It states that if you call them within 45 days before your next cruise they will have a bon voyage gift for you to choose. Could be wine, a coupon for a free photo, bar coupons, chocolate covered strawberries...

I wrote a letter after our last cruise and when I called I asked if we were elegible for 2 bon voyage gifts, we have 2 cabins booked this cruise and had two last cruise. The lady i spoke with said yes since I included the booking # of both cabins in the letter. We are getting bar coupons and our dd's are getting pop coupons.

That's great! I'll have to make my soon to be wife write said letter!!

Archived