Cost of Laundry and/or Pressing on Oosterdam?

Johnboy1

We will be taking our first cruise on 1 Mar on the Oosterdam and heard there were 'package' deals for pressing and/or laundry. We were wondering what those prices might be and if it is per cabin or room?

On the Volendam this past September there was a package deal: everything you could stuff in the laundry bag for $20. Since we were coming from the land portion of our cruise-tour it was a great deal.

It was $25/bag on Noordam when I was on her a year ago, so it probably is on other Vista Class ships. Or perhaps it varies with length of cruise although I don't know why it should, other than there would probably be more demand on a long cruise so they can charge more.

Laundry is returned pressed and folded, with shirts on hangers as I recall.

I have also found dry cleaning service on HAL, Cunard and Crystal to be excellent, with prices for second day service about the same as cleaners on shore. I believe that there is a 50% surcharge for same-day service.

Bob

When we were on a 23-day Ryndam cruise last fall they had a price for all your laundry for the entire cruise for $120.00. I have been told that they have this kind of thing on all the HAL ships. Don't know how true that is, but we really enjoyed not having to worry about clean clothes on our Ryndam cruise. Thought it was well worth the price. Penny

When we were on a 23-day Ryndam cruise last fall they had a price for all your laundry for the entire cruise for $120.00. I have been told that they have this kind of thing on all the HAL ships. Don't know how true that is, but we really enjoyed not having to worry about clean clothes on our Ryndam cruise. Thought it was well worth the price. Penny

Yes it's available on all the ships but sometimes you have to go to the front desk and ask about it...

Unlimited laundry is complimentary if you are in a suite.

any suite?

we are signed up for a sz guar for this Sat - cabin not yet assigned - our first suite ever!:)

That would suh-weet indeed!

Pun intended!;)

Can't answer your laundry question but wanted to say Welcome Aboard. If you haven't seen the Roll Call thread there are a few of us the 3/1 Oosterdam sailing.

Glad to see there are others....was beginning to think we had the ship all to ourselves (ha,ha)

I just returned Home on Wed 2/6/08 from 11 day on the Noordam and paid $ 12 for a bag full( all you can fit into the bag) I read on CC that you should fold slax & place in bag , then roll everything else real tight . I got over twenty pieces (2 Mens pants , 5 shirts, 3 pair socks , 4 underwear, 1 night gown,1 cotton robe, 4 pairs of walking shorts, 2 capries) in my bag, all for $12 .

IMO this is just great & even better than washers onboard.

• 4 weeks later...
I wonder if it's different by ship.

My haphazard survey (reading all the threads), indicates that's it exactly. It appears that the price per bag is higher on those ships that do not have self-service laundries on board.

No competition, doncha know. :rolleyes:

Cost is somewhat Outrageous..unless you're in a Suite....of course then you are spending hundreds of extra dollars ...so it should b "FREE." sINCE THE Oosterdam normally takes 7 day cruises out of San Diego, you can easily take enough clothes for the week and don't need laundry...:)

We sailed on the Westerdam in February 2008. Here are the prices that were listed on "The Voyage Begins" folder.

REGULAR SERVICE - Returned the next day bt 6:00PM if received by

9:00AM.

EXPRESS SERVICE - Returned by 6:00PM if received by 9:00AM.

LAUNDRY BY THE BAG* - All the laundry you cab fit into a HAL laundry

bag for $12.00 Dry cleaning not included.

Allow 48 hours.

UNLIMITED LAUNDRY* - unlimited laundry for the entire cruise for $45.00.

Allow 48 hours.

UNLIMITED PRESSING* - Unlimited pressing service for the entire cruise for

$30.00. Alllow 48 hours

* Valid until February 15th, before 9:00AM.

The Regular and Express Service are by the piece. Be sure to tell your Room Steward of your choice.

We chose the unlimited laundry package. We gave the laundry bag to our room steward and it was ALWAYS returned the next day. Underwear and socks are folded and returned in a wicker basket. The other clothing items are on hangers. Nothing shrunk. You have the option of starch or no starch. I managed 1 day to stuff 24 items into the bag. My wife likes the idea of coming home with clean clothes. The items sent out the last day were returned by 6:00PM that day. I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have been following this about laundry. Is the laundry ironed? Or do you send it out again to be pressed? Can you sign up for the laundry service at any time on the ship? Thanks

We sailed on the Westerdam in February 2008. Here are the prices that were listed on "The Voyage Begins" folder.

Allow 48 hours.

Allow 48 hours.

$30.00. Alllow 48 hours

The Regular and Express Service are by the piece. Be sure to tell your Room Steward of your choice.

We chose the unlimited laundry package. We gave the laundry bag to our room steward and it was ALWAYS returned the next day. Underwear and socks are folded and returned in a wicker basket. The other clothing items are on hangers. Nothing shrunk. You have the option of starch or no starch. I managed 1 day to stuff 24 items into the bag. My wife likes the idea of coming home with clean clothes. The items sent out the last day were returned by 6:00PM that day. I hope this helps.

Allow 48 hours.

Allow 48 hours.

$30.00. Alllow 48 hours

The same was available on the Zuiderdam in February. The same prices have applied to all 7 day cruises the past several years.

Hi I have been following this about laundry. Is the laundry ironed? Or do you send it out again to be pressed? Can you sign up for the laundry service at any time on the ship? Thanks

Laundry comes back ironed, if appropriate to the item. The whole-cruise package is only available if you sign up within a certain time after embarkation, but I believe the by-the-bag deal is available anytime - though you may have to send it out by a certain deadline at the end of the cruise to give them time to get it done and returned to you.

And this was very nice. I got a lot of use out of this perk. They did an outstanding job too.

Just off the Noordam on Saturday. 10 night cruise was $30 for unlimited pressing. Everything came back perfect. For now on I will not bother pressing anything before I pack it and send it all out again.

This is for those of you who wanted to know the prices for laundry services on board HAL ships (those that don't have self-service laundry facilities). This information is printed on the HAL "Voyage Begins" pamphlet placed in each stateroom and the document was printed 1/3/2008:

A laundry bag and form are located in your closet. Sign-up for the unlimited packags ends on the second day of your cruise at 6:00pm

Regular Service: Returned the next day if received by 9:00am - these individual prices are on the printed pink sheet in your wicker shoe box.

Express Service: Returned by 5;00pm if received by 9:00am.

Laundry by the bag: All the laundry you can fit in your laundry bag for $12. Dry cleaning not included. Allow 48 hours.

Laundry Package: Laundry for the entire cruise for $45. Alllow 48 hours.

Unlimited Pressing: Unlimited pressing service for the entire cruise for $30. Allow 48 hours.

Archived