Any one use Carnivals precruise hotel & transfer?

I was thinking of using Carnivals Rome precruise hotel package and transfer to the ship. Has any one done this and what is their experience?

I was looking to find out:

Are there any tours offered through the hotel?

What time did the transfer pick you up at the hotel to go to the ship?

Did you have any choice in this time?

Thanks for your time!

I was thinking of using Carnivals Rome precruise hotel package and transfer to the ship. Has any one done this and what is their experience?

I was looking to find out:

Are there any tours offered through the hotel?

What time did the transfer pick you up at the hotel to go to the ship?

Did you have any choice in this time?

Thanks for your time!

I assume you posted this on the Carnival board as well as you may get a faster reply.Usually hotels do not offer tours,but they have info in the lobby for those who offer tours,and usually when the ship offers a transfer it is thei time not your for pickup.You may want to search this board for alternatives for getting to the port on your own and hotles you can book on your own as well which will give you some wiggle room.

We used Carnival transfers & hotel (Visconti Palace) in Rome last year. I can't say that it was necessarily a bad experience, but this year I'm just going to do it on my own. It will be cheaper in the long run. We paid almost 400.00 per person. They meet you at the airport & help you get your luggage, go through customs, & then transport you to your notel. Tours of Rome were offered at the hotel, but we already had a private tour booked for the afternoon. Pickup for the transport to the ship was 10am, we had no choice in the time.

Thank you Cberge. I think 10 am is too early, we are staying for 3 nights prior, but have friends staying 2 nights and they have not been to Rome and will need the morning for sightseeing, so I will book a transfer ourselves.

The price now for 2 nights is about $400 dollars each (about 250 euros per night) which is not bad. With the price of the dollar to euro, it would not go up anyway. I tried to book with the same hotel and it was more expensive.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Thank you Cberge. I think 10 am is too early, we are staying for 3 nights prior, but have friends staying 2 nights and they have not been to Rome and will need the morning for sightseeing, so I will book a transfer ourselves.

The price now for 2 nights is about $400 dollars each (about 250 euros per night) which is not bad. With the price of the dollar to euro, it would not go up anyway. I tried to book with the same hotel and it was more expensive.

Thanks for the quick reply!

You don't have to use the same hotel especially now that you are not using the transfer...here is a link that you may want to check out for hotles..don't forget it is per room not per person as the the ship charges and that can make a huge difference..also in Italy as a general rule breakfast is included.Check out hote;s near the P.Navonna etc.Good area for walking to a lot of the sights as well as using the HOHO bus.

Hotel reservations - Venere.com

Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvi

Here are some links for transfer to port..it will cost less if you are all going together..

RATES

Rome Taxi Shuttle Limousine, first class car service in Rome

Limousine service Rome, Limousines Roma

thanks. I have stayed in a hotel in rome I booked thru their website. The other couple I am with may want to use their hotel and we will probably stay with them, so was curious.

At least the price is not bad for the time I am there in Sept., high season.

Archived