Any Free Drinks Included at Dinnertime?

ahotcouple

We are sailing the Liberty in a couple of weeks, and just wondering if any drinks can be ordered for free during the evening sitdown meal in the dining room.

By free drinks I mean the obvious, such as juice/ milk/ soft drinks (non-alcoholic) inc adults and kids.

Thanks!!!

We are sailing the Liberty in a couple of weeks, and just wondering if any drinks can be ordered for free during the evening sitdown meal in the dining room.

By free drinks I mean the obvious, such as juice/ milk/ soft drinks (non-alcoholic) inc adults and kids.

Thanks!!!

Tap water

You can order espresso and capachino (sp?) after dinner for free. Love it.

Maybe I need to state you only get these free in the dining room. I eat in the dining room almost all the time, so thats how I read the question.

I notice no one else is mentioning these free drinks, maybe they are talking in general in the buffet.

I believe you can also get them after breakfast and lunch in the dining room free of charge.

Also, you can get other juices in the dining room for breakfast than in the buffet.

This has never been the case with me. There's always a charge, unless you have a Fountain card (or a very good/generous bar waiter)

You can't use your Fountain Fun Card at the main dining room if you're under 12 years of age. My PVP confirmed this

You can't use your Fountain Fun Card at the main dining room if you're under 12 years of age. My PVP confirmed this

You're PVP must have been misinformed by his/her supervisor. MY DH and MIL both used their FFCs in the Dining room.

And Firefly, I was only referring to the dining room, but you are correct about the espresso, cappucino (sp) and the wider variety of juices. I sometimes like tomato juice in the morning and make a trip to the dining room some mornings just for that.

It used to be in Carnivals FAQ's that children under age of 12 would receive free soft drinks in the dining room. A couple years ago they removed it and there were gumblings on these boards about people being charged and since the FAQ's were changed there was no "proof" that it even existed. Mine has since passed the age so I haven't tested the theory lately. I know in 2003 they were still giving them free and I guess if you have a nice bar maid they might give you free drinks for the kiddos - but don't count on it. Same thing with the hot drinks after dinner - it's hit and miss. Some ships/servers will give them for free but there have been cases reported on these boards where people were charged. Best to ask first.

As with everything else in the last few years Carnival is cutting back every where. Pretty soon we're going to get charged for ice tea and juice.

Anything that you can get at the free drink stations on the lido are available in the dining room including milk.

Archived