advice on choosing a cruiseline

aussietrek

Hi,

My husband and I have taken two cruises with Royal Caribbean, and we plan to book another cruise next year. This time, we will got with my parents, and my siblings and their spouses.

We are trying to decide between going back to what we know or trying a new cruise line.

We tried the Explorer and the Liberty of the Seas. Both ships are impressive with all they have to offer. But we found that we didn't use half of it (climbing wall, golf, flowrider, etc.).

Important to us is good entertainment, good food, and my parents love to dance so the ship must have ballroom dancing. Amongst us, there are 25 year-olds, 35 year-olds, and late 50s, so we need something for all ages (except kids if possible).

Would love advice from someone who has experienced multiple cruises! We are interested in the Caribbean, or somewhere warm and not too far from North America.

Thanks for your help!

We've been on several cruise lines and enjoyed them all. I'd suggest you find a destination you want to go to, the time you want to go at the price you want to pay, and then read the ship reviews here on CC.

Think you'll be fine that way;)

I think the ballroom dancing seems to be hit or miss, thats going to be the hardest to find, so maybe concentrate on just that one thing. There are cruises that cater to different kinds of dancing, maybe start with that if thats the deal breaker for your parents.

You can google ballroom dancing on cruises and find several websites to choose from

http://www.letsdancevacations.com/

http://www.dancersatsea.com/

http://www.thedancecruise.com/

lots to choose from.

I personally choose by destination 1st, and the departure port second (but this because honey wont fly :rolleyes:). That narrows it down for me. We are getting ready to book Carnival, only because our group wants a 7 day Western Caribbean, and the Tampa port is a better driving distance than say Miami (last time it was a Royal Caribbean Eastern Caribbean trip from Port Canaveral). Of course the rest of the party will fly down, but I digress. :p

Archived