DH and meetings with other CC'ers

UF G8R

In various posts I have see the designation DH used. From the context it looks like it might mean spouse. Can someone fill me in?

In Larry's post from last years trip on the Saphire Princess, there was a get together with other people he had "met" on the cruise critic boards. Is this a regular thing and how does it get set up?

In various posts I have see the designation DH used. From the context it looks like it might mean spouse. Can someone fill me in?

In Larry's post from last years trip on the Saphire Princess, there was a get together with other people he had "met" on the cruise critic boards. Is this a regular thing and how does it get set up?

DH means Dear Husband, DD Dear Daughter and so on.

In regards to people meeting on board from the CC roll call, on Royal Caribbean they have something you register for call a Meet & Mingle and then once on board they reserve a room, send invitations to those that registered and then usually have some snacks and lemonade, ice tea.

Now on Princess they don't do anything like that so it's up to the folks on the roll call to just make a plan. One year we had quite an active thread on our Sapphire Mexican trip and we planned a get together out by the Outrigger Bar at I think 4 p.m. All were invited. You just showed up. Most people ordered from the bar and we sat around finally getting to meet face to face those that we had chatted with for months.

Susan in Anchorage :)

On RCCL they always give us a very nice party. They provide cookies, punch, etc. and door prizes. Usually we have the CD and a staff member to speak to us and give away the prizes. I have won several nice things including the RCCL mouse with the little ship in it, back packs, etc. Everyone who registers for the Meet and Mingle gets an invitation to the party and we all have fun getting to know each other. It is a very nice perk.

Well it only took me about 3 times coming into the thread because I saw you had a much bigger answer when it came into my in box, but then realized you had removed it and that's why the oops.

I do have a couple of comments in regards to coming here to Anchorage. If you don't have a hotel do it soon, or you're be looking at places sold out or at least $180+ for a half way decent place.

Same with the train, if you wait too long it will book up. It does sell out and quite frequently due to the fact it's only one train a day into Whittier and one out booking through the Alaska Railroad http://www.akrr.com

The Market is at 3rd and E, right across from the Hilton and it's Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. http://www.anchoragemarkets.com/main.html

Thanks Susan. The oops is because I posed something thinking I was on the roll call thread and I wasnt. I couldnt figure out how to delete the post. Thanks for the advice though, I will call the railroad tomorrow and make a reservation. And thanks for the info on the Market too. We do have reservations already, it was a hard choice not knowing anything about the community. I think it's the Hilton Garden, or something like that.

If you're at the Hilton Garden Inn you're in what we term midtown. Not alot around there but lots of food chains like TG Fridays, Applebees, Golden Coral.

So if you don't have a car, you're not going to be around a lot, unless you want to go shop at Home Depot or Lowe's :D

But if I remember correctly this past summer I hooked up with some CC friends that knew someone that I knew so I offered to show them the town and I do believe they said the Hilton Garden Inn shuttle would take them in the vicinity of a five mile range.

So I do think downtown is in that range but I definitely know Moose's Tooth is http://www.moosestooth.net/menuMAIN.htm but be forewarned no reservations and the locals love that place, so there may be a wait, but well worth it, IMO.

Archived