Carnival Glory,cave tubing

Palmetto_state

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we are from Lexington, SC and we are going on the glory March 22 also.

I am trying to book shore excursions as I am typing this. Did you guys book through carnival or online? Help.. I have never been to any of these ports. I am also bringing along my son 11 and my daughter 13.

Ladymom,

We booked our zip/tubing excursion in Belize online. It is much less expensive and the company got great reviews. It's the only excursion we are booking. Going to Chak in Cozumel and the girls will probably shop for bags in Nassau. I tried to post the zip/tubing company here but it wouldn't let post. If you want the information you can email me at smathis@sc.rr.com

You could give the name without the dot com (or just spell it out).

I'm also on Glory and am researching different cave tubing trips.

Have seen lots of referrals for cave-tubing dot com but I got a referral from one of our Roll Call folks that was on Miracle. They used Coral Breeze.

I'm trying to read all the reviews I can find, but I'm getting really, really busy and work and need to get things booked. I like to have my plans all in place well before I sail.

• 2 weeks later...

The excursions you booked sound fun, we are already doing the zip-line in Cozumel. We did book the Cozumel excursion through the cruise line but went out on our own for Belize. Hopefully we will meet up some time during the cruise. We're from Greenville.

Just wanting to post that we have booked a cave tubing excusion with Major Tom for the 25th and wanted to see if anyone had any tips on how to make the experience better and to also let others on this cruise know that we are doing this and to join us if possible.

Won't be on your sailing but can tell you that you have booked with a tour professional.... Based on my personal experiences using him, Tom and his crew know there stuff and will provide you with an awesome tour you will long remember !

We went with Major Tom this summer and had a great time. Our family of 4 was in a van with Tom Jr. and George and loved them. I have 2 teenagers and they thought the guys were very "cool." They got my husband to eat termites on the way to the river. They stopped on the way back and bought us some delicious mangoes at a roadside stand. They were jumping off of the rocks into the river with the older kids. So if you have to ride with the younger guys, don't sweat it, they were great!:)

We researched different ones for the cave tubing and just picked one, another one that seemed pretty big was cavetubing.com. They have a small clip of them traveling down the river, looks like they all tie in together by hanging on to each other. I'm sure everyone likes the one they choose because it looks as if we see good things about all of them, you just have to pick one and go with it. So just for fun, are those of you from SC Tiger fans or Gamecock fans? and no we are not some die hard fans ourselves but we are Clemson fans. :)

Now I'm really confused. On another thread, I thought someone said Major Tom WAS cavetubing dot com! :confused:

Anyone have a website for Major Tom (unless he is, indeed, cavetubing dot com)?

OK, never mind. Did my own google search and Major Tom is cavetubing dot NET, not com). Someone needs to be a little more original when picking web domain names!

Hello Palmetto state

We booked with major tom on the 25th also. We have 10 in our group. My daughter is 12. We are from Greenville also but Indiana. I don't know if your son will be happy or not but there are going to be a lot of 12-13 year old girls on that ship. My daughter is chatting with them now. Can't wait to go.

Okay guys I booked with Major Tom, he seems like he will be safe enough. We are Carolina Fans in this family. I dont really care that much, but he other three are die hard fans. Can you believe we only have 14 days??

My wife & I did the caves with cavetubing.com on Feb 25th.

We had a great time. More caves then the cruise ships. You do not wander aimlessly down the river , you are chained too gather. The guides do most of the work. Some people from the cruise tours where paddling in circles, bumping into walls & getting stuck in low water. Not with cavetubing.com. GREAT TIME & HALF THE PRICE !

Archived