Weather on the river

penang32

Amadeus(APT) are currently offering Amsterdam to Budapest cruises with extra fly free benefit from Aust included,cruises are in Mar and Nov 2009.

Last year we took a 7 day cruise on the Amalegro in early June and the weather was excellent.

Obviously the weather at the start and end of the season would not be as good as when we last travelled.

Can anyone give us an idea of what to expect,weather wise, if we were to go in Mar 2009?

We are not averse to cold weather

Sorry, but noone can make a longterm weather forecast :D !

You can have freezing temps and still some snow in March (but that´s pretty scarce). You might encounter spring floods because of the snow melt (which is much more likely). You can even have sunny and nice weather with temps in the upper 50ies and 60ies. Check weather.com for average temps. I´d say the average weather in March would be low 50ies, fog and rain and very likely high water.

steamboats

I don't know how much you read these boards. But when Steamboats says "high water," that increases the likelihood that your cruise will not go as scheduled . . . there are bridges that the boats can not get under when there is high water.

Sorry, but noone can make a longterm weather forecast :D !

You can have freezing temps and still some snow in March (but that´s pretty scarce). You might encounter spring floods because of the snow melt (which is much more likely). You can even have sunny and nice weather with temps in the upper 50ies and 60ies. Check weather.com for average temps. I´d say the average weather in March would be low 50ies, fog and rain and very likely high water.

steamboats

Thanks ,Steamboats for your response,I have your input in the past to be always most helpful.

We do have the option of taking the cruise in November, would this be a better option

Thanks

Archived