Shipboard Credit

1cruiselvr

Okay, your TA says you have it, but how do you know for sure? Does it show up anywhere you can see, to give you peace of mind that you actually got the credit? Or do you have to wait until you are onboard and go to the pursers desk to verify? Happy Sailing!

Okay, your TA says you have it, but how do you know for sure? Does it show up anywhere you can see, to give you peace of mind that you actually got the credit? Or do you have to wait until you are onboard and go to the pursers desk to verify? Happy Sailing!
1cruiselvr,

I just got my docs last week. In the booklet containing the docs was a voucher for my shipboard credit. Others on this board have suggested making a photocopy of the credit in case you turn it in and it doesn't show up. This way you'll still have proof of the shipboard credit.

Our TA always sends us a copy of the fax that is sent to her from HAL. It lists the original price of the cruise, the discounted price, etc. It also lists things like we didn't book HAL air, didn't book their insurance, confirms our early, upper seating and it always has our shipboard credit listed on it as well.

I never knew it until my travel docs arrived. But someone (RuthC, I think) said it was becuz I booked on the ship. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, being so happy that I would be on another cruise. Maybe I'll put it toward the autotip.

I booked directly with HAL and today I received the receipt for my final payment. It was a full sized sheet and included itinerary, sailing date, ship name, etc, etc...and it also contained the notification of the shipboard credit clearly set out as well as the confirmation of dining times and dining room level. Everything was there and easy to understand. Hope this helps.

I was in the travel business decades back and I know that some TA's are fantastic and some are "not so fantastic" about the details.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Found out why I couldn't see my shipboard credit - it was thru promo 267 which is in dispute right now with the TA. Their website says our cruise applies, but they say HAL says no. This promo stuff sure is frustrating. Happy Sailing!

Our TA has also had problems with obtaining credits. Re the 7032 credit for Mariners recently, she had to call 3 times and eventually ask for a supervisor. I was not taking no for an answer on this one! Finally rec`d $300 for our back to backs in Dec......jean :cool:

Archived