Formal Nites........Interesting

PittsburghJack

Information for the second leg of our cruise was forthcoming today. Only ONE black tie optional night also.

That makes a total of only TWO for a fifteen day excursion.

We anticipated more than two formal evenings when first booking due to the itinerary (Lisbon-Monte Carlo) but it sure looks like Seabourn is relaxing dress codes. Jack

So many port of call. 2 x separate weeks cruise. If it was a 14 day cruise it would be 3 formals at least

Jack

You might go ahead and take formal clothes for 3 formal evenings.

It's most unusual for a 14 day voyage to schedule only 2 formal nights.

As most Seabournites enjoy formal, dressy evenings I certainly hope we always continue these fun nights! Those sailor's that do not enjoy dressing can cruise other lines that are not formal.

Formal evenings is simply the Seabourn way~~always has been and always will be! :p

Martita B.

Miss Martha,

I agree..............................Mrs. Jack and I feel dressing for dinner lends a certain civility to the evening.

I've also noted that most European cities we've visited tend to dress for even an afternoon stroll. We've even been mistaken several times for "locals.":eek: Jack

Jack

On the Pride Crossing's (both Spring and Fall) we tend to dress for dinner each evening ~~more so than on a "cruise." It's the high light of our day, Then Guests, on the Crossing's, have small private dinner parties and sometimes these dinners are formal so even if our pre-doc reads, "3/4 formal nights" we take several additional formal wear.

"Dressing" does set the evening mood!:D And in respect of the marvelous foods and wines, the fabulous service we enjoy and the handsome Officer's dressed in their dress uniform's I can not imagine not dressing for a festive evening.

I also think the Guests should "dress" properly for the formal afternoon tea time. Sometimes I am shocked as to how some come dressed for tea time!:confused:

Martita B

Sometimes I am shocked as to how some come dressed for tea time!:confused:

Martita B

I wish they would hold Tea in the Club or in the Show Lounge. I think the Contellation Loung is in too close proximity to the Sky Bar which causes many hungry people in swimwear to attend. I also find the seating in the Constellation to be rather "tight".

Matt

I agree as to having tea time in the Club. Guests should not come into the Constellation lounge in "swim cover-ups" for tea time! If they want to have tea and sweets then they should dress and come dressed properly.

One day I saw a woman come into the dining room at lunch in a swim suit and cover-up:confused: ~~I thought the Maitre'D should have tactfully told her she should go up to the Sky Bar for luncheon.

MB

Fortunately, Seabourn is tolerant and classy enough to never tell passengers who don't like to dress up to go elsewhere. Instead, they provide them with interesting and fun alternatives. And one day, hopefully, those alternatives will expand to include an entire ship.

>"If they want to have tea and sweets then they should dress and come dressed properly."

Personally, I think that is carrying the dress code too far. The Constellation Lounge is not the Ritz or the

George V. But then, I try and avoid tea time, because it cuts into cocktail time.

>"If they want to have tea and sweets then they should dress and come dressed properly."

Personally, I think that is carrying the dress code too far. The Constellation Lounge is not the Ritz or the

George V. But then, I try and avoid tea time, because it cuts into cocktail time.

"A little whisky with your tea, madam?";)

I feel only bikini clad ladies be permitted to tea time. It would invigorate the atmosphere, stimuate conversation and cause a feeling of general well being among the gentlemen in attendance.:p Jack

You're not gonna score any points for that one.:eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

LOL!!!

I don't know what you're talking about, We had on our last trip some very interesting woman on the ship, so don't talk when you don't know what you're talking about.

regards

westmount

LOL! LOL! LOL!!!!

i'm not even gonna say anything!!!

Paul

Jane

As to proper tea time dress I didn't mean "a Chanel suit or an Yves Saint Laurant dress"~~or any haute couture/ designer import......I meant: for the ladies a simply casual/leisure outfit! Pants/skirt-top instead of barefeet wearing swimwear!:confused: White gloved staff and a classical pianist deserves better than "come from the pool, greased in suntan oil ~~ grab a few cucumber sandwiches and cookies!" No the Constellation Lounge is not the Ritz or the Conaught, just a simple gathering of seasoned Seabourn Sailor's!

I go for cocktail hour every evening but I don't go until 7 p.m......

plenty of time to do both! Tea time is at 4 ~~when do you start your "happy hour?":eek: ;)

MB

>"when do you start your "happy hour"?"

About 10 AM with my favorite breakfast drink, the BBC. Gotta keep up my potassium levels after all.

I know what you mean about proper tea attire, and I hope we can agree to disagree on this point. And it's certainly not as if I am wafting in and out in bathing garb. I do think that moving tea time to the Club might solve the problem as some see it.

Archived